JEYNE WESTERLING (spoilers)

the Houndini

I used to think there was something to the whole notion of the two contrasting POVs about Jeynes hips.

But now I think that was simply Jamie and Cats opinions contrasting.

After just rereading Jamie's intereaction with Sybell Spicer it sounds to me like Sybell would never have switched her daughters around. Especially after having so many demands with Tywin still unfufilled. Maybe due to the fact her son Raynald was killed at RED WEDDING, she could" be playing Lannisters, but i find it highly unlikely.

(Also hitting Jeyne because she wouldnt give up the crown is a nice touch if shes a fake...)

Anything Im missing?

There's also the fact the Westerlings arrive at Riverrun with two daughters yet only leave with one.

I think she's flown the coop. Don't know if she's pregnant but I doubt it. She'll most likely just be a rallying point for the North in the future.

Nope. It's very possible Edmure, BF, Jeyne and her sister pulled off the switch without Sybell's knowledge. She had to go along with it because she probably found out shortly before Jeyne was to be presented to Jaime. She couldn't admit Jeyne took off so she had to go along with everything. The bruises Jaime sees on "Jeyne" could be from Sybell slapping Elenha around after she found out Jeyne was gone. Sybell said it was because Jeyne fought when they tried to take her crown but we never see this crown - no one gives it to Jaime which you would think would happen as part of the surrender.

@noelle snow

Nope. It's very possible Edmure, BF, Jeyne and her sister pulled off the switch without Sybell's knowledge. She had to go along with it because she probably found out shortly before Jeyne was to be presented to Jaime. She couldn't admit Jeyne took off so she had to go along with everything. The bruises Jaime sees on "Jeyne" could be from Sybell slapping Elenha around after she found out Jeyne was gone. Sybell said it was because Jeyne fought when they tried to take her crown but we never see this crown - no one gives it to Jaime which you would think would happen as part of the surrender.

ooooooh good point hadnt thought of it like that!

This was my guess. I think it's unlikely that Sybell was in on the switch, but if it was arranged behind her back, there's not much she would be able to do about it. I might be reading too much into this discrepancy between the hip descriptions, but Cat brings up her "good hips" so many times that I instantaneously freaked out when I read "narrow hips." I also doubt that Jeyne is pregnant, and I don't really think that she needs to be since the North has plenty of other heirs, but I do think she will come back into play later in the series.

• 3 weeks later...

This theory never occurred to me - I didn't pick up on the "hips" - but I did think that the Jeyne we met in this book didn't seem like the same person we met previously. When we met Jeyne in ASoS she seemed quite a strong character but this time she came across as quite a wimp. (I was disappointed to find out this Jeyne definitely wasn't having a baby as I had been hoping. There is hope yet.)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we saw the crown on the 'queen of whores' that Ryman Frey brought up to the gallows with him when Jaime was up there getting Edmure. The crown is described as bronze inscribed w/runes, and she states that Ryman had crowned her himself. Since he had the command there before Jaime, I figured it had been given to him. Still like this theory though!

I thought we saw the crown on the 'queen of whores' that Ryman Frey brought up to the gallows with him when Jaime was up there getting Edmure. The crown is described as bronze inscribed w/runes, and she states that Ryman had crowned her himself. Since he had the command there before Jaime, I figured it had been given to him. Still like this theory though!

That was Robb's crown. It can be confusing because Stoneheart has it later but that is because Jaime sent the Freys back to the twins with it and they were intercepted and hanged by her and her men. At least I think so don't exactly remember.

That was Robb's crown. It can be confusing because Stoneheart has it later but that is because Jaime sent the Freys back to the twins with it and they we're intercepted and hanged by her and her men. At least I think so don't exactly remember.

No, you're right. That is Robb's crown. And Stoneheart has it for the reasons you state. Those hanging bodies are the same ones Brienne and her party pass by on the way to the Inn.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived