Varamyr Prologue Question

Tourniquet

"Wolves were harder. A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf. "Wolves and women wed for life," Haggon often said. "You take one, that's a marriage. The wolf is part of you from that day on, and you're part of him. Both of you will change."

(Varamyr Sixskins, Prologue of "A dance with dragons")

Could be Var who will become in wolf?

"His last death had been by fire. I burned. At first, in his confusion, he thought some archer on the Wall had pierced him with a flaming arrow but the fire had been inside him, consuming him. And the pain …"

(Varamyr Sixskins, Prologue of "A dance with dragons")

• 5 weeks later...

I think the most important thing about this prologue was the information it gave us on Warging. However, the character and everything else isnt important. i.e. the Cain/Abel story.

The way that Martin writes, if it's in there, odds are it's pretty damn important

The way he self edits, you'd better beleive that everything is important. However, I think that the main significance of the prologue is to set up what is about to happen to Jon Snow. By ignoring Melissandre's advice of keeping Ghost nearby I'm not sure what he will do. Battle the other warg for the boar? Enter Wun Wun? Probably Mormont's raven but we'll see.

Archived