Crow's Eye.Best fitting actor for the role.

BraavosSpellSword

McShane looks too 'italian' for a Ironborn.

Johnny Depp is just a no.

Bently has the 'blue eye(s)' but then so does the suitable Joaquin Phoenix....

Persoanlly Mark Strong is my Euron......if there's one actor who would still have an intense, menacing stare with one eye covered by an eye-patch it's Strong. His gaze is so stoney and unpredictbale, I think he gives off the perfect menacing aura of the Crow's Eye.

Seeing Johnny Depp do inappropriate stuff will have a weird effect on audience, plus he doesn't look enough of a bad-boy type (yes I know he's a living actor-warg but still).

EDIT: Richard Armitage is my favourite actor but don't you dare say he should play a guy as stupid as Vicky Greyjoy xD Armitage is epic as hell but I do think Ian Mcshane looks perfect for the role of Euron, if not a bit old.

to those who say mcshane is to old look at mance is being played by some 60 70 year old man who I could not see climbing the wall to visit winterfell so obviously age doesnt factor into their opinions at HBO.

also Depp? really?

I could see James Purefoy as the crows eye IDK why but he kinda has the look throw on some long hair and a eye patch BOOM you got Euron.

I really like some of those choices.

Mads Mikkelson has the right creepy factor.

Jason Isaacs looks well suited as well.

And can the show get James Purefoy for something already.

An unrealistic choice that I think would totally have Euron's look +eye patch is Hugh Jackman. Never gonna happen but he's pretty much how I picture Euron.

People seem to forget that Euron (even though he's older than both Aeron and Victarion) looks much younger than they do. (Perhaps due to his dappling in magic?)

To me, he's always looked like Gethin Anthony but much colder and stronger, which kinda sucks because they used Gethin on Renly.

He could be easily played by Hugh Jackman or a Hugh Jackman lookalike, though...

Actually I would pick Mads Mikkelsen for Victarion. Just like he was in King Arthur. And James Isaacs can't be Euron because if he's anybody it's the Red Viper http://jasonisaacs.s...wallpaper.phtml

Can we stop casting Caucasian actors for the roles of characters who are already known to look Moorish/North African? Especially the Martells in particular, because they're notoriously brown-skinned.

As I view it, Dorne is just like Northern Africa, natively diverse in color (everything from blonde to black) and diverse in culture.

Please stop making ethnically diverse characters white, it's rude and racist, especially considering how the show dropped quite a few Summer Islander characters in the first season... :S

Can we stop casting Caucasian actors for the roles of characters who are already known to look Moorish/North African? Especially the Martells in particular, because they're notoriously brown-skinned.

As I view it, Dorne is just like Northern Africa, natively diverse in color (everything from blonde to black) and diverse in culture.

Please stop making ethnically diverse characters white, it's rude and racist, especially considering how the show dropped quite a few Summer Islander characters in the first season... :S

I don't remember Oberyn being dark skinned. I doesn't say that in the book. And it's not racist. I didn't suggest James Isaacs because he's white.

Oberyn is a "salty Dornishman" IIRC, from the coast, and is "olive skinned," not "African."

Get Jason Isaacs a tan, he'd be perfect. The dude who played the main baddie in 'Sleeper Cell' if we want to appease those who would call "RACISM!!" though. He'd be good too. Whatever.

BOT, I can definitely see the aversion to Purefoy, his name being put forward for every fucking character ever (Purefoy for the Yellow Whale!) but c'mon nah, dude is perfect for this part. Guy does sneering avarice like a boss. He's frustratingly perfect for this part.

Tim Roth would be dope. He's like an older Fassbender or Hardy, rocks everything. Shits gold you might say. I could see him saying yes, too. Not near handsome enough, but meh, whatever. Love this idea, good on ya.

As for dream options, wow, Hugh Jackman would just murder this.

Oberyn is a "salty Dornishman" IIRC, from the coast, and is "olive skinned," not "African."

Get Jason Isaacs a tan, he'd be perfect. The dude who played the main baddie in 'Sleeper Cell' if we want to appease those who would call "RACISM!!" though. He'd be good too. Whatever.

BOT, I can definitely see the aversion to Purefoy, his name being put forward for every fucking character ever (Purefoy for the Yellow Whale!) but c'mon nah, dude is perfect for this part. Guy does sneering avarice like a boss. He's frustratingly perfect for this part.

Tim Roth would be dope. He's like an older Fassbender or Hardy, rocks everything. Shits gold you might say. I could see him saying yes, too. Not near handsome enough, but meh, whatever. Love this idea, good on ya.

As for dream options, wow, Hugh Jackman would just murder this.

You don't really think Africans are all black, do you?

And by the way, having Jason Isaacs get a tan to play an ethnic role is no different than blackface.

Archived