ASOIAF Associations Game v.2

Jaime's Wench

No it doesn't. In fact, stop thinking thematically and start thinking linguistically.

Look at the clues

Spanish - Usurper - Jacob

Latin - Laurel tree - Laralyn

I posted about Laralyn in another thread yesterday.

I've posted the answer to the question multiple times recently too.

You are making us all into slow students JSS! Too clever for us! :blushing:

I guess the things that Latin reminds me of is Rome which in the context of ASOIAF makes me thynk Valyria/Targs. Laurel, I guess the laurel wreaths worne by Roman Emperors - I guess a crown in Westeros' terms?

Jacob/Laralyn I'm totally stumped by though. (And I did google it!)

You are making us all into slow students JSS! Too clever for us! :blushing:

I guess the things that Latin reminds me of is Rome which in the context of ASOIAF makes me thynk Valyria/Targs. Laurel, I guess the laurel wreaths worne by Roman Emperors - I guess a crown in Westeros' terms?

Jacob/Laralyn I'm totally stumped by though. (And I did google it!)

What you're doing is thinking thematically. I need you to think about language.

To be even more precise, I want you to think about etymology.

Gosh we are quickly flunking this one! And to think that I got top scores in my LSATs back when which are in large part pattern-association based!

I even googled etymology and translations of all three of your clues and am not coming up with anything...... usurper and jacob are both the same words in Spanish - usurpador and jacobo

makes me think of FAegon who is kind of a Jacobite-type figure, but that is thematic rather than linguistic too.

I feel as dumb as Hodor!

:dunce:

This is probably off the wall but... Essos?

Like, you've got a LaLaLa thing going on there, and Spanish -> Espanol (sorry, I'm on an iPod so you'll just have to suffer with a regular n), and Jacob -> Esau, although Usurper's still got me stumped. Anyway, Essos is the only thing I can think of that starts like that.

Please, for the love of all the gods, tell I'm on the right track.

Well gosh darn it, the answer is simply JAIME.

The Spanish name Jaime (pronounced "haime", not sure how you'd spell that phonetically) apparently also translates into Jacob. (I always thought of Jaime as being James, but apparently James= Iago in Spanish). So, if Usurper=Jacob=Jamie, the only answer I can think of overall is Jaime.

Plus JSS is the host, which should have been a tip off already!

All credit goes to Red Ant really who can count as winner as far as I'm concerned.

-laughs in an exceptionally evil manner at reading your last few posts-

And this is to prove to all of you who said I was a Martell... That deep down, I am a Lannister :-p

Well done, guys, especially red_ant for getting the connection.

Archived