MAFIA 97: Mystery Hall of Fame: Day Six

House Targaryen

because its scummy in my experience? not sure what else I can say about this topic :shrugs:

Q: are you making this up as you go along? It's probably better to admit it now rather than when you get lynched and are in spoilers. We can just lynch Dondarrion today if you tell the truth.

@Dondarrion: it was the execution of Celtigar's claim, not the fact that he has a non-lethal weapon:

I think that the FM probably have fakeclaims, and everyone will just claim different odds and ends. But then, say I claim to have a giant "I am innocent!" sign, and Mallister claims to have a gold medal in Innocence. Tonight, the Ballsy Amateur Detective investigates Room 1. He finds one "I am Innocent!" sign and one machete. Had there been no massclaim, Mallister and I would then be in a brutal 1 v. 1. But with a massclaim, we know immediately who is the liar in our room. It saves some headache.

OK, so everyone mass claims - awesome. We now have three players claiming an object. That gives the FM 3 targets. Sure, some people may not claim an object they have, but whatever. We lose our finder, the guard and a soldier - whatever. Is that worth the mass claim? To avoid a headache of cross claiming the Golden Medal of Innocence, the BAD instead says - I found a suspicious object of killing - both of you claim right now. Player A says ... uh, I am a roleless innocent and have my Kindle. Player B says, well - I have a Giant Golden Medal of Extreme Innocence, what say we kill you today? That also avoids a headache, no?

Sure, the players investigated could have a gun and Kindle between them, so they'd both claim Kindle, but how is that different from a mass claim where both players would claim the Kindle anyway? The only way a mass claim would be better, is if the FM actually have a safe item to claim as a decoy, but don't actually possess it. Since we don't know what/if they have safe claims aside from the RI item, is it worth the upside?

I don't see how your way is better than just claiming when necessary.

OK, so everyone mass claims - awesome. We now have three players claiming an object. That gives the FM 3 targets. Sure, some people may not claim an object they have, but whatever. We lose our finder, the guard and a soldier - whatever. Is that worth the mass claim?"

Objects are not related to roles. This doesn't follow.

I actually can't tell which is worse the original horrible reasoning or the person sheeping that reasoning.

OK, so everyone mass claims - awesome. We now have three players claiming an object. That gives the FM 3 targets. Sure, some people may not claim an object they have, but whatever. We lose our finder, the guard and a soldier - whatever. Is that worth the mass claim? To avoid a headache of cross claiming the Golden Medal of Innocence, the BAD instead says - I found a suspicious object of killing - both of you claim right now. Player A says ... uh, I am a roleless innocent and have my Kindle. Player B says, well - I have a Giant Golden Medal of Extreme Innocence, what say we kill you today? That also avoids a headache, no?

Sure, the players investigated could have a gun and Kindle between them, so they'd both claim Kindle, but how is that different from a mass claim where both players would claim the Kindle anyway? The only way a mass claim would be better, is if the FM actually have a safe item to claim as a decoy, but don't actually possess it. Since we don't know what/if they have safe claims aside from the RI item, is it worth the upside?

I don't see how your way is better than just claiming when necessary.

I literally have no clue what you're talking about but you can confess so I can wagon you without too much heavy lifting?

Archived