TWOW release date Query?

the demon reach

I seriously doubt it.

More than likely what will happen is that the TV show will catch up to the books, but instead of the TV show surpassing the books, I would expect a season or 2 of prequal episodes.

Imagine seeing 2 seasons dealing with Rhaegar and Roberts rebellion off of the supposed abduction of Lyana Stark or perhaps being able to see the Tower of Joy.

I seriously doubt it.

More than likely what will happen is that the TV show will catch up to the books, but instead of the TV show surpassing the books, I would expect a season or 2 of prequal episodes.

Imagine seeing 2 seasons dealing with Rhaegar and Roberts rebellion off of the supposed abduction of Lyana Stark or perhaps being able to see the Tower of Joy.

I don't even think that will be needed... we know that Storm is being split into two seasons, and, seeing as Feast and Dance are pretty much two volumes of the same book, we can say that Feast/Dance will occur at the same time in the series, and using the splitting of Storm as a reference, we can assume that they will split Feast/Dance into multiple (READ: more than 2) seasons, with my prediction being that it will end up taking four seasons total... so we have 5-6 seasons to go until the show catches up... Martin should be done with Winds by 2017.

The better question is, will Dream by done on time...

ETA: I would think that the "soft date" for publication of Winds is probably something like around christmas 2014 with christmas 2015 as the actual expected date or something like that

I would think the tv series could be canceled if Book 6 Isn't out soon. Books 4 & 5 don't have enough of what fans of the tv show have come to expect them to. I think HBO and Rome are a good paralel. Good show, decent numbers but high costings. Its wrong to assume that they will greenlight many more seasons straight off the bat. Season 5 Will be crucial to the show and I Think unless book 6 is there to show a clear outline HBO willl drop it. If they do filler i see Dunk and Egg over the Rebellion. Too many secrets lie there.

Archived