Littlefinger's plans

Jynessa Blackmont

The maesters would all be aware of the cumulative toxic effect of sweetsleep, so if Littlefinger and Alayne were asking for doses too frequently it might raise some suspicion. The trek down from the Eyrie was pushing Robert's limit, but probably necessary to dose him given the perilous nature of the trip.

If LF were to get ahold of enough sweetsleep himself, he'd probably just give Robert an immediately fatal dose, rather than dragging it on and risk discovery. I think it would also be pretty likely that LF will just arrange for some kind of injury of Robert, e.g. skull fracture, and stage it as the result of a shaking fit.

• 2 weeks later...

While reading the chapter, I assumed it was his way of subduing Rob so that Baelish can carry out his plans without the little boy whining in the background. However, in Alayne's last chapter we find out that Littlefinger has quite ambitious plans for Sansa (and himself, since it's pretty obvious that he wants to keep Sansa by him at all times). So the potion might actually be a deliberate attempt to kill the child...

• 3 weeks later...

Since the end of book 3, Littlefinger seems to be creating some sort of sphere of influence. He now rules the Vale in practice but not in name. He rules the Riverlands in name but not in practice. And he is consolidating his rule in the Vale. He intends to take control of the North through Sansa. I do not know his ultimate goal but we can see his plan carried out gradually to gain increasing power and influence.

Thinking it though I think I can appreciate Littlefinger's carefully laid out schemes. They beigin to bear fruit. He's building what I like to call the Mockingbird kingdom.

I think the Vale will eventually side with Sansa once her identity is/if revealed. I just don't see the powers that be in the Vale to take a liking to Littlefinger, especially if under his watch both the Queen and Heir to the Vale die.

At this point Sansa will likely be married, the name escapes me of who, and will then presume control over the North as her hubby will have control over the Vale.

This could create a massive army, and the Game of Thrones could start all over. Sansa is the only lady I see fit to rule, although naive, her experiences have probably helped shape a different POV for her. You see this changing in her later chapters in the book. Should be an interesting finish tho!

Archived