The fate of the weasel clan, the Freys

Optimus Brian

I imagine some type of natural disaster and or retribution by the old gods will screw the frey. Maybe in combination with some northmen like Howland Reed.

This could be either some form of the others attacking, natural disaster, or most likely to a smaller degree (maybe changing the tide in a battle between northman and the freys) the riverland wolf pack. We know they have some significance as they've been talked about a ton but nothing has happened with them. Plus, Nymperia def knows the frey's killed her brother. And it's fitting that the old gods or some vessel of the old gods aka the STARK wolfes give retribution to the frey's for breaking their age old law of guest right.

I was telling my nephew today that the most poetic justice would be for all the RW Freys to be killed off, leaving Walder to realize what he wrought, then him live long enough for Wyman Manderly to make a pie run to The Twins.

Twil never happen, but just thinking of it makes me smile.

ETA - it's not just RW Freys, really, I don't think Emmon was there, but he willingly benefitted from what happened, so he must die. Of course if he makes it 10 chapters in TWOW I'll be shocked.

I imagine some type of natural disaster and or retribution by the old gods will screw the frey. Maybe in combination with some northmen like Howland Reed.

This could be either some form of the others attacking, natural disaster, or most likely to a smaller degree (maybe changing the tide in a battle between northman and the freys) the riverland wolf pack. We know they have some significance as they've been talked about a ton but nothing has happened with them. Plus, Nymperia def knows the frey's killed her brother. And it's fitting that the old gods or some vessel of the old gods aka the STARK wolfes give retribution to the frey's for breaking their age old law of guest right.

Aye. The ye old gods will send Nym and her wolfpack to raid the twins. With Arya on Nym's back, they'll get the real she-wolf vengeance.

Sure. Stannis will reward him with the Twins for snitching, and then he'll execute him for murdering Little Walder. Big Walder knows Stannis's reputation. He is not planning to join Stannis. He didn't killed Little Walder because he is disgusted with his kin, he murdered him because Little Walder was ahead in the succession. Big Walder has old Lord Frey's views on kinship... and, as long as he is careful, Stoneheart and Manderly are his greatest allies in achieving his goal.

Big Walder will not tell anyone that he murdered little Walder; he already played it off on the Manderlys. Big Walder won't become The Lord unless he somehow gets some outside help; there are just too many people ahead of him in line.

• 3 weeks later...

or The Knights of the Vale will finally do Something!

This seems the most reasonable outcome possible, I always have a hard time accepting catastrophies as in the Bible in fantasy, they are an easy way out, if Sansa/LF would bring up the armies of the vale to moat cailin, why not send a few-two thousand or so- to the twins to get revenge for her brother and mother. It's not that the twins are as heavily guarded as when robb faced them on his way south.

On the other hand, you should never divide your men unless it's in your advantage, and exterminating the twins isn't necessary for a Vale invasion of the North.

I think the Twin Towers will go the way of Castamere. No loss either. I would say the entire family line should be obliterated, however, there were a few Freys not part of the Red Wedding and deliberately kept in the dark or away from the action lest they blow the whistle. i'm okay with their survival.

I think it's already begun with Manderly killing the two Frey envoys and serving them up to their own kin. This is just the beginning.... :leer:

Archived