Warging

A_S

I don't want to go reading in the general forum 'cause I'm still reading DWD (about 150 pages), so sorry if there is already a post for this. This is only speculation, if this is revealed later on, please don't tell me.

I was just thinking about warging, is it possible to warg to a dragon? That would be pretty cool!

DWD spoiler

And also could maybe be the promise to Bran, that he would learn to fly.

Seen as though we know later on, live objects can be warged (trees)....Can non living objects be?

This has got me thinking down an entire new path....

Could the red comet be someone warging it?

At every point someone in the stories does something out of character.....Was it them at that time?

Are the ones who get brought back to life Stoneheart etc being warged?

Are the re-animated dead people who attacked the watch simply being used in some form of warging?

Could the red comet be someone warging it?

At every point someone in the stories does something out of character.....Was it them at that time?

Are the ones who get brought back to life Stoneheart etc being warged?

Are the re-animated dead people who attacked the watch simply being used in some form of warging?

No, don't think so.

Nope, sometimes people do act out of character (not how others expect them to act) so I don't really see this being likely.

No, that's all Dondarrion's doing.

No, they're dead. I don't think you can warg into something dead or non-living.

No, don't think so.

Nope, sometimes people do act out of character (not how others expect them to act) so I don't really see this being likely.

No, that's all Dondarrion's doing.

No, they're dead. I don't think you can warg into something dead or non-living.

Agreed to be honest but was just throwing a few wild (wrong) 'what if' type ideas out there.

• 2 weeks later...

While re-reading AFFC, I came across a small part of text in one of the Iron Islands chapters, the Damphairs, maybe? Where he mentions a small, minor house on some tiny island rumored to be wargs that control sea animals. Sea lions and such. I'd be interested in something happening there, although I don't really see how it could come about other than a prologue-type chapter.

Also...

...at the Kingsmoot, a single seagull is flying over head making a bunch of ruckus when certain would-be kings make claims according to the damphair, and it made me wonder if a seagull would be just as good as a crow in coastal regions?

I was just thinking about warging, is it possible to warg to a dragon? That would be pretty cool!

I believe this to be true and I think its inferred that Targaryens have a similar relationship to their dragons that the Stark children do to their Direwolves.

Spoiler: Bran Chapters

Also what something I take away from ADWD by the end of the Bran chapters is that you can probably warg into just about anything depending on your ability.

Also what something I take away from ADWD by the end of the Bran chapters is that you can probably warg into just about anything depending on your ability.

Anything is an exaggeration, I think it is restricted to living organisms. :P

I believe it depends on

the warg and the creature's connection/bond. If both of them have no connection/bond, the creature will fight the warg, so the warg will have difficulty warging the creature.

Maybe possible, if the dragon is

tamed first. Wargs can't just warg (or tame) every creature around them, 'coz if they do, they can be zookeepers :P . Remember Varamyr? He got six pets and that's a lot already.

I believe it depends on

the warg and the creature's connection/bond. If both of them have no connection/bond, the creature will fight the warg, so the warg will have difficulty warging the creature.

Which is why I said depending on ability. Its clear to me from the prologue chapter of ADWD

that someone with more practice at it and more potential can take on more complex animals and more animals in general.

I think it is said as much that dogs are loyal and "domesticate-able" by nature and its quite easy for people to warg into them. While humans are probably on the other end of the spectrum. I would assume dragons are up there as some of the more difficult to embrace. I believe it is mentioned that bears were rather difficult as well.

It's stated that the ability to warg into a creature is largely dependant on what kind of temperament the animal has for example dogs are easy to warg because they are very loyal and dependant creatures whereas cats are best left alone because they are vain and cruel.

I would imagine a dragon is quiet an wilful creature and based on the high regard dragons are held in by all

(especially Targaryens) they probably also have vain and cruel tendencies

Archived