Do you consider Tyrion as a potential leader for the house Lannister?

black.snow

I have recently started watching season 2 (i'm kind of a noob) and i asked myself, what happens if Tywin dies, i mean, the whole house is taken down. Will the house and it's fortunes just go away, or will someone, a member of the family, take the lead and guide the house to a more peaceful path.

And if that's so, wouldn't you agree that Tyrion is the best qualified for it? Or you think the end (or not) of the Lannister won't be that way?

Even if Tyrion was rejected as a leader of the main family line, there are lesser branches of House Lannister who could come in and take over the family dynasty should the main line fail. The stability of family dynasties is somewhat smudged for fantasy purposes in the timelines of SoIaF/GoT, but they definitely do mention branching family lines for the major families on multiple occasions. The case is simply that the main patrilineal line takes precedent, and those lines are what the story primarily involves.

edit - Just in case in misunderstood your original question: Tyrion is the heir legal of House Lannister as-is. Jaime is legally disqualified due to his position in the King's Guard, who are legally obligated to abandon lands and titles, much like the Night's Watch. Though as we've seen, legal is not by any means always reality in Westeros.

And if that's so, wouldn't you agree that Tyrion is the best qualified for it?

I sure would. But I am not a Westerosi. They don't strike me as the kind of people who would acknowledge that.

It will come down to Jaime, perhaps also to Cersei. If Jaime is not available for any reason, then it will be up to his cousins, Lancel and Martyn (Kevan's sons), or perhaps even to Lannisport's Lannisters.

Or you think the end (or not) of the Lannister won't be that way?

The House will probably survive in some shape. But it has over-extended itself way too much to recover its former influence.

Archived