Connie Neilson = Catelyn Stark

Sam Elliot = Blackfish

Oded Fehr = Oberyn Martell

Ray Winstone = Robert Baratheon

Liam Neeson = Mance Rayder

Dina Meyer = Ygritte

Eric Bana = Benjen Stark

more later...

Famke Janssen is good for Catelyn, Gary Oldman is the closest thing to Euron Greyjoy in my mind and I always imagined the guy who played Bors in "King Arthur" and Henry VIII as perfekt Robert, all he need is a little make-up for the hair and the eyes and he's ready.

Famke Janssen is good for Catelyn, Gary Oldman is the closest thing to Euron Greyjoy in my mind and I always imagined the guy who played Bors in "King Arthur" and Henry VIII as perfekt Robert, all he need is a little make-up for the hair and the eyes and he's ready.

That's Ray Winstone, :)

I would definetely vote for an animated series... Has anyone seen the Hedge Knight comics?

Im afraid theres simply no credible way to make silver hair and purple eyes look natural on an actress

I'd second you there on an animated series, preferably traditional style animation.

To honest in any production of 'ASoIaF' there will need to be a hell of lot animation anyway. At the very least how else are you going get those direwolves and dragons? When most folks are looking for actors who look like the 'Amok' pictures anyway and a three hundred mile man-made wall of ice simply doesn't exist on earth to be filmed as a location, it is arguably best (and a lot cheaper) to go the whole hog and animate the lot. It also opens the characters to a wider range of talent who probably wouldn't even be considered for the role in a live action version due to not fitting the physical description.

Actually the 'Targs' weren't my main concern for casting a live action; Targaryen 'silver' is essentially just a very white blond and the purple eyes could be sorted with contacts. That would be the Lannister Twins who everybody here seems to have forgotten are excepting gender almost idential.

That would be the Lannister Twins who everybody here seems to have forgotten are excepting gender almost idential.

That would be easy to change. I'm fairly sure male and female twins are not identical, just a regular brother and sister who happened to be in the same womb. Just change the story so they can look a little different. It doesn't affect that much.

I agree with the poster who said it would make for a better animated series. But, if casting for a movie with real actors here's a list that my husband and I came up with for some of the characters (note: wrestlers were chosen by him, not me):

Littlefinger - Guy Pearce

Catelyn Stark - Kate Beckinsale

Eddard Stark - James Caviezel (he has an honest looking face)

Cersei Lannister - Naomi Watts

Jaime Lannister - (based solely on looks) Brad Pitt

Maester Aemon - Richard Harris...shame he's dead

Walder Frey - Burgess Meredith, but since he's dead, Ian Holm

Samwell Tarley - Brett Kelly (kid from "Bad Santa")

Khal Drogo - The Rock

Gregor Clegane - The Big Show

That would be easy to change. I'm fairly sure male and female twins are not identical, just a regular brother and sister who happened to be in the same womb. Just change the story so they can look a little different. It doesn't affect that much.

Yes male and female set of twins generally are not idential, however Jaime and Cersai have always been described as about as idential as a pair of twins of different genders can be. Here's Bran's recollection from the infamous 'things I do for love' chapter.

'The Queen. And now Bran recognised the man beside her. They looked as much alike as reflections in a mirror.'

As for changing the story(*!?*!) to conveniently fit certain folk's 'idealised' actors and actresses of the pair, maybe its worth you rereading some of either or both twins' POV chapters. The fact that they are nigh idential and their feelings towards this fact is one of the key character traits of both characters.

To faithfully present Jaime and Cersai in a live action production the only way I really see it being done(aside from finding a pair of mixed-gender twins with blond hair and green eyes who also happen to both be brilliant actors) , is to have one very talented and hard-working actor (probably female) play both of them with clever camera filling in the scenes where they are together. This excellent actress will also need to be a bit of a risk taker as one way or another 'Jaime/Cersai' will be a role they will be remembered for (ie if they don't win an Oscar, they are very likely to win a Razzy!).

On the bright side such a bold casting decision is a sure-fire way to get certain people who haven't read the books to want go and see the movie. I imagine see the conversations about it now...

'I heard What's-her-name's in that new fantasy movie and Dude, she's like two people in it.'

'Yeah she's like this hot complete bitch Queen and she's also this arsehole knight who's the Queen's twin brother and likes to push kids out of windows for fun! And Dude you know what?'

'What Dude?'

'Well Dude, this hot Queen and the knight who's her twin brother like - well, they like have sex together...'

'No, Dude... you mean we like get to see 'What's-her-name' fuck herself?'

'Yeah, Dude...'

'Woahh! That's so wrong on so many levels... what's the movie called again?'

Yes male and female set of twins generally are not idential, however Jaime and Cersai have always been described as about as idential as a pair of twins of different genders can be. Here's Bran's recollection from the infamous 'things I do for love' chapter.

'The Queen. And now Bran recognised the man beside her. They looked as much alike as reflections in a mirror.'

As for changing the story(*!?*!) to conveniently fit certain folk's 'idealised' actors and actresses of the pair, maybe its worth you rereading some of either or both twins' POV chapters. The fact that they are nigh idential and their feelings towards this fact is one of the key character traits of both characters.

To faithfully present Jaime and Cersai in a live action production the only way I really see it being done(aside from finding a pair of m

Why don't you show me some examples where their near identical appearance matters, since you seem to know more about the books than me? They would look similar mind you in a live action film.

There was a fairly recent indie movie that centered around a dwarf. I think that guy should be a candidate for Tyrion. He's young enough.

If the movie you are thinking of is "The Station Agent," then that was Peter Dinklage, the actor a few of us have been promoting for Tyrion. :)

Best,

~~~~Random

As for Tyrion, once I watched one episode from some tv serial movie, where some guys from police-like organisation fighted off different monsters. I don't know the title of the movie, nor the name of the actor, but there was one dwarf, who looked just like him. Well, at least how I imagine him ;)

I finally had a google to find out what the Rock looked like.

My only reaction is: Are you kidding me??? :sick:

I guess it depends on which picture you're looking at -- hard to watch Scorpion King and not imagine the sound of jingly bells when he's stomping around...

Littlefinger - Guy Pearce

You know, that's got some real merit -- Pearce has a weasly sharp face like how I imagined LF to have. He's played good guys, assholes, and looks about the right age (give or take a few years).

Nice!

Archived