Is Stannis a kinslayer?

Of course Stannis is a kinslayer.

Seriously, the whitewashed version of Stannis that exists on these forums resembles the literary character even less than the show's villainised version.

:bs:

You clearly haven't read much, if anything, from the many pro Stannis posters here. The flaws of Stannis Baratheon are fully acknowledged and accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

Which is why I say yes, Stannis is a kinslayer. But that word means nothing to me. Maybe it's how I was raised, but I certainly don't love everyone in my family, there's a select few people, but if it came down to a situation where it was me or them, I'd kill most of them without a second thought. Never saw the big deal honestly. They share my last name, good for them. If they cross me, well I don't play that game.

You are using real life morality, which is different from that of the books.

The kinslayer is cursed in the eyes of the gods, in all of westeros and essos, and there is no justification for it.

-Robb was called kinslayer for executing a traitor.

-Victarion didnt killed Euron when he defiled his wife.

-Roose didnt killed Ramsay for the murder of his trueborn son.

So, no, there are no motives, or crimes, or cases where kinslaying is justified.

Thats why Stannis is having conflicting feelings about Renly and about Edric, Renly was a traitor but also his brother, Edric was just a boy to save thousands but he was his nephew and innocent.

And thats also why the Freys are cursed because of the Red Wedding, even if it stopped the bloodshed.

This is the main reason why Stannis (which is my fav char BTW) is doomed, and i read the books with fear of the WHEN if not the IF of Stannis downfall.

Archived