(Book Spoilers) Assassinating Bran

Rebekah

I've been wondering, now that we're into the third season of the show and well past the point where Tyrion is the King's Acting Hand....

How the hell are they going to ever answer the question of who hired the assassin to kill Bran? In the books we start to see a clear picture of Joff as the guilty party due to several interactions between Tyrion/Cersei and Tyrion/Joffery....but we've past that point now and I don't recall anything like that in S2. It is important. I think show-fans will feel cheated if we go through this series and that is never answered. I mean, I fully expect they will go-ahead with revealing the identity of Jon Arryn's killer at the appropriate time - which is the other question that established the first season and demands and answer.

Any ideas on how they'll deal with this? We're getting awfully close to some weddings, and I'm not sure how to get the answer from the narrative now.

Joeffrey can make the comment that he's not a stranger to Valyrian steel - Tyrion can discuss it with anybody. Also Jaime discusses it with Cercei when he arrives to King's Landing, when he asks her if she send the knife to kill Bran, and she says she didn't (did they already show that in S1, I can't remember)?

That would seem to be one thing to put into this season since it doesn't have any repercussions at all. Does Tyrion decide to tell Tywin or do anything with the information in the books btw.?

I agree that it needs to be adressed just as the show has in ep 3 and will in the next episodes adress Mycah's Death at the hand of the hound. I'm confident that they will, it's not a plot point that takes away much screentime and it does fit into the narrative, namely by making Tyrion more angry at Joff so that he can continues to provocate the king which leads to his arrest at the PW...

There will be a plot change where it turns out that Littlefinger ordered the assassination, and used Ros to relay the info to the assassin, since she lived just outside Winterfell. Thus showing that she was always under his payroll. It is known.

Not sure if serious. How would this help LF in his end game?

Not sure if serious. How would this help LF in his end game?

There will be a plot change where it turns out that Littlefinger ordered the assassination, and used Ros to relay the info to the assassin, since she lived just outside Winterfell. Thus showing that she was always under his payroll. It is known.

also ros went into littlefingers service after she went to kings landing, not before

I think it's already somewhat obvious, in terms of what we've seen in the show already, but of course I already know that Joffrey sent the assassin. Nearly every time Joffrey has been demeaned, he's retaliated in some way. Tyrion humiliating Joffrey in episode two of season ine has already been mentioned as a possible reason for the attempt on Bran's life.

To the best of my memory, this question isn't really answered in the books until a Storm of Swords before the PW. Joffrey receives Widow's Wail as a gift and mentions that it's not his first time handling Valyrian steel. Tyrion puts the pieces together and asks if he ever used a dagger with a dragon-bone hilt. They give each other the stinkeye, etc. etc. With that in mind, the show should reveal Joffrey as the would-be assassin any episode now.

Archived