Brienne question

cooper56

Im wondering if any one knows what happened to her? I recently started watching show picked up all books just finished dance with dragons. Im wonder how she is alive or is it not explained will it ever be since shows up in jamie chapter but it seemed like she died in book before. Im just confused its odd.

Im wondering if any one knows what happened to her? I recently started watching show picked up all books just finished dance with dragons. Im wonder how she is alive or is it not explained will it ever be since shows up in jamie chapter but it seemed like she died in book before. Im just confused its odd.

Her last POV chapter ends with something like, "Brienne said a word." That word was most likely "sword", indicating her willingness to lure Jaime into UnCat's trap in order to spare her life, and Pod's.

Aparently she said sword to spare hers and Pod's life and was given the quest of slaying the Kingslayer by Catelyn. At least that's what I read here.

Umm thanks must read it wrong. I only read it once. So is she actually gonna kill him you think i mean whats stopping her from just saying she will to live.

Lady Catelyn’s fingers dug deep into her throat, and the words came rattling out, choked and broken, a stream as cold as ice. The northman said, “She says that you must choose. Take the sword and slay the Kingslayer, or be hanged for a betrayer. The sword or the noose, she says. Choose, she says. Choose.”

Brienne felt the hemp constricting, digging into her skin, jerking her chin upward. Ser Hyle was cursing them eloquently, but not the boy. Podrick never lifted his eyes, not even when his feet were jerked up off the ground. If this is another dream, it is time for me to awaken. If this is real, it is time for me to die. All she could see was Podrick, the noose around his thin neck, his legs twitching. Her mouth opened. Pod was kicking, choking, dying. Brienne sucked the air in desperately, even as the rope was strangling her. Nothing had ever hurt so much. She screamed a word.

Martin later confirmed she said sword.

Umm thanks must read it wrong. I only read it once. So is she actually gonna kill him you think i mean whats stopping her from just saying she will to live.

I'm not sure. I hope not and if she does, I'll be really disapointed. Maybe she wants to but won't be able to cause she likes him too much or she tries killing him but now that he practiced using his sword with the left hand he's too good for her and she doesn't manage to kill him? Or maybe they unite and kill the BwB/escape? So many possibilities.

I'm not sure. I hope not and if she does, I'll be really disapointed. Maybe she wants to but won't be able to cause she likes him too much or she tries killing him but now that he practiced using his sword with the left hand he's too good for her and she doesn't manage to kill him? Or maybe they unite and kill the BwB/escape? So many possibilities.

I don't think Jaime is up to Brienne's level with his left yet. At best, he might be able to stall her long enough that she loses her conviction, if she has any to begin with.

I see a really good scene coming up where Brienne does indeed pledge her sword to Catelyn, but explains what the sword Oathkeeper is, how she got it from Jaime, and the villains it has slain since. She has taken about half of the Bloody Mummers off the board with that blade, forged from Eddard Stark's steel and pledged to champion Eddard Stark's children. I think even Stoneheart might relent.

I see a really good scene coming up where Brienne does indeed pledge her sword to Catelyn, but explains what the sword Oathkeeper is, how she got it from Jaime, and the villains it has slain since. She has taken about half of the Bloody Mummers off the board with that blade, forged from Eddard Stark's steel and pledged to champion Eddard Stark's children. I think even Stoneheart might relent.

I thought Brienne's last POV chapter in AFfC addressed the sword- I thought they just saw it as more proof that Brienne was working for the Lannisters, since it is now a Lannister sword.

I thought Brienne's last POV chapter in AFfC addressed the sword- I thought they just saw it as more proof that Brienne was working for the Lannisters, since it is now a Lannister sword.

I'm just working on my first cover-to-cover reread, and haven't got that far. The first time through I was reading for gist, not detail. I'm sure you're right though, the sword was fashioned in pure Lannister theme, with rubies for the lion's eyes, IIRC. I vaguely remember Tywin telling the armorer that garnets weren't intense enough.

I'm just working on my first cover-to-cover reread, and haven't got that far. The first time through I was reading for gist, not detail. I'm sure you're right though, the sword was fashioned in pure Lannister theme, with rubies for the lion's eyes, IIRC. I vaguely remember Tywin telling the armorer that garnets weren't intense enough.

It's just like Martin to say "You know what? Having the last three heads of the household (along with one heir apparent) butchered by the bad guys and getting their castle torched isn't enough. I should also have their ancestral heirloom sword destroyed and reforged for use by their enemies."

I don't think Jaime is up to Brienne's level with his left yet. At best, he might be able to stall her long enough that she loses her conviction, if she has any to begin with.

I'll even go further and say that in my reading, the whole Jaime training with the left hand was there to show us that he will never be a good fighter again.

I'll even go further and say that in my reading, the whole Jaime training with the left hand was there to show us that he will never be a good fighter again.

I agree actually, certainly in so far as I find it very unlikely that he'll ever reach anything resembling his former skill.

Does anyone think Jaime is going to kill Brienne at the beginning of WoW during a trial because Brienne lets him win?

Somebody probably does, yeah.

Personally, no. I don't think she'll lead him to his death (at least not with that intent), nor do I feel she's anywhere near the point where she'd sacrifice her life for him in that manner (dying "in hot blood" during an escape or rescue is another matter).

Archived