Aunt Lannister and Jamie

When Jamie went to Riverrun to try and end the siege, he talked with his Aunt who is the Lady of Riverrun. She said that Jamie was not Tywin son and that Tyerion was. What is that suppose to mean. Is there more to it then just Terion was the smarter one and Jamie is only good for fighting, or is there more to it.

Damn you GRRM and all of your symbolisms.

When Jamie went to Riverrun to try and end the siege, he talked with his Aunt who is the Lady of Riverrun. She said that Jamie was not Tywin son and that Tyerion was. What is that suppose to mean. Is there more to it then just Terion was the smarter one and Jamie is only good for fighting, or is there more to it.

Damn you GRRM and all of your symbolisms.

No, you've got it spot on. Tywin is no knight running around with a couched lance, unhorsing folks left and right. He's a schemer, plotter and manipulator. He's a politician, he was the star student in the Westeros Academy of Politics, and now he's not just a teacher, but the headmaster. Jaime, isn't a schemer, or a plotter, or a manipulator. He rides horses, and knocks people off of theirs, then cuts them open before riding off to the next opponent.

'"

However, Tyrion is a schemer, plotter, and a manipulator. As much as Tywin tried to disown and pretend Tyrion didn't exist, he ended up creating the man that Tyrion was, and Tyrion had much more of Tywin in him than Jaime ever did.

if this is true, its funny. If you believe in the King Aryes stealing tywins lady for a night and concieved tyrion.

You got it bassackwards J & C are Aerys get (King's right).....

Tyrion is the result of Lannister inbreeding Tywin & Johanna were first cousins......

Possible. And this theory was brought forward many times already, so you are in good company.

But I think it would befar too many Tag blood in the story. And IIRC this possibility was lately introduce. So the info about Aerys and Joanna may be only included to mislead the reader.

I think that what she meant was that Tyrion is much more like Tywin in character; His wits are sharp, he plots and schemes his way through life and he can play the game of thrones rather well. Jaime is a warrior; he destroys people with swords, not words.

Edit: Typo.

Anything is possible, but I think a lot of readers are getting a bit theory-happy, doubting every character and his dog's parentage. But how many times does this trick need to be used? We already know the Lannister brood's father isn't who they think it is, we all basically know Jon's parentage isn't what he thinks it is...I think once in a while we can just trust what's on the page as to who fathered who, or this will get exhausting and old.

• 3 weeks later...

You got it bassackwards J & C are Aerys get (King's right).....

Tyrion is the result of Lannister inbreeding Tywin & Johanna were first cousins......

I think you're looking to far into it.. I don't particularly want Jaime and Cersei to be Targs as it would detract from the story; Dany, Aegon, Jon, Stannis, Cersei, Jaime... they can't all be Targaryens. Maybe that night between Aerys and Joanna was said in the story to show how much of a rift became of House Lannister and House Targaryen; coupled with Cersei's betrothal rejection, it set up the sack of King's Landing.

Archived