future of westeros?

Daniel Snow

so people keep asking me who i want to sit upon the iron throne when it all ends and to be honest, i personally think that westeros should be destroyed like old Valaria..

Mainly due to the fact that I don't believe that any character so far is in a position to rule the seven kingdoms.

Jon snow is bound to the nights watch, also he is a bastard and is not well known among the people of westeros therefore how can the people love and follow him.

Even if R+L=J is true (which i personally believe it is) there are only a handfull of people who MIGHT know, and would the people just accept it for truth?? i think not.

Stannis for me looks like a good contender, not really sure why... but in the beggining of his rebellion not that many people followed him until renly was killed. I thought his campaign was laughable at first. also i dont think that many people will simply bend the knee to his "lord of light" if stannis gets his dragon and takes over westeros then i think his reign will be very cruel and terrifying.

The Tyrells are a bit of a wildcard. I'm sure there are many theories as to what may become of them, but my theory is that they are planning to take over without causing war, espionage if you will. im not sure if it was confirmed or not but wasn't it the queen of thorns who poisoned jeoffry at the wedding. and that means they've been conspiring together. littlefinger is a deadly ally to have in your court so I believe their chances of succeeding have greatly increased with him.

also no POV from their side... makes it easy for G.R.R.M to surprise us all with another massive twist.

Deanarys.... hmmm... not sure what to make of her but she's doing a pretty crappy job ruling meereen atm. And thats only 1 city.. plus her lack of control over her dragons is very dangerous. I can see Drogon easily joining the Crows eye. who is a great character imho, but he has no chance so i'm not even geting into him.

also deanarys is focusing too much on entitlement than anything.

lannisters...... hahahahahahahahahahaha..... No!

starks dont want to rule 7 kingdoms, end of.

the church would be a very surprising twist. kinda like the knights templar in Jerusalem. i could actually picture a huge war between the 7 and r'hollor. the outcome would be tottally unpredictable though. which george would just love.

the freys are doomed and don't think they've ever wanted the iron throne, publicly anyway.

Hodor for king!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if Hodor is not king I'd like for deanarys to lose a dragon to crows eye, stannis to gain his "stone" dragon. and something with the other one, them to burn half of westeros then be invaded by the others, the dragons die and become wights and massacre everyone. no loose endings just death.

Any opinions?? sorry if this thread is lame. i'm new and this is my first post

so people keep asking me who i want to sit upon the iron throne when it all ends and to be honest, i personally think that westeros should be destroyed like old Valaria..

Welcome to the forum, and I second this motion.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Destroyed? Hmm. It's an interesting idea, but I'd hate for all characters to have gone through so much, and to personally grow and change...simply for them to be destroyed. It would be too final an ending IMO, but to each their own.

I agree also, specifically for dramatic reasons: When the writer spends about 7000 pages building up to establish "The One Great King", how could he possibly make all his creatures so human? Compare it to LOTR's Aragorn, who is basically a flawless superhuman being with a flawless character, perfectly just & noble, no human temptations, best fighter ever, etc. - who else could end up to return as THE king? You just don't have no character that could support all this build-up in ASOIAF.

The other narrative reason would be his trend to demystify power itself. It's quite obvious that it isn't even necessarily the king who has the most power - at the current state of the series, Varys, Littlefinger, Olenna and Melisandre would probably be the best answers to the question: who has the most power in Westeros? - GRRM also gave us an answer to this question: He who the people believe that he had the most power. You don't need an iron throne to have people believing in you or for keeping the peace. As Robert once said (in the TV show, don't remember that from the books): There is no "common cause" since the rebellion to unite the kingdom [paraphrasing]. All these traditionally political ornaments of power can be neglected, as the resurgence of powerful religious people / institutions show in ASOIAF.

Archived