Littlefingers Gambit

How do we know that Littlefinger has no heirs? where is the textual evidence for that? Also the fact that her debts would be erased are not clear. We do not know how the financial system works in ASOIAF so we do not know how the arrangement of Littlefinger buying her debts worked . Did he buy it through a third party such as the merchants in Gulltown or through some bank? I have a hard time believing that there would be a system setup where you can erase your debt to somebody just by murdering them . Why would anybody ever loan House Waynwood money again if they found out that they murdered the last person that they owed money to . Wouldn't it be easier for Lady Waynwood to join Littlefinger and get him to erase the debt that way instead of trying to murder him.

Well, we've never heard of any relatives of LF - it does makes sense for him to buy the debt through a third party though.

As for House Waywood defaulting by murdering creditors, until LF bought the debt, I think we can assume their debts were owed to plenty of different parties, so erasing it would entail killing all those parties and every heir as well.

OTOH, Westerosi laws might state that, should a lord die without heirs, his assets go to the Crown or his Liege Lord, I don't recall right now.

LF is patient, almost as patient as Varys.

He'll marry Sansa off to Harry, then Sweetrobin will die. Sansa will be suspicious of this, but it'll be too late; the deed will be done.

Harry will then get it into his head that he's lord of everything and will be encouraged to think that maybe he should be king of everything. At which point, he dies after the fighters in the Vale get involved in the war. Sansa becomes regent since she's preggers, and then LF decides he should marry her "for her protection."

By then Sansa is all, "hell no" and proclaims herself queen and has Lf executed. :D

Archived