Is Mirri Maz Dur the cause for the Dragons's birth?

MasterJack

Hi, over 500 post but here is my first topic.

The Targayen tried everytime to revive the dragon age but always failed but a 13-14yo with no knowledge just set a fire and boom, dragons?

MDD knew magic, had power, and sung something before/while burning. From the wiki; She studied the Birthing songs of the moonsingers which is a religion with the largest temple in Braavos and we all know that this city has a large number of temples and religions.

So was it her intention to birth the dragon since not only her "burning" but also her "songs" might be the cause?

Since she hated Dany, what did she expected?

Hey I hate you but I give you 3 of the most powerfull being in the universe... is there a trap down the road for Dany and her dragons where she will lose everything again for her greatest suffering?

I think it was unintentional blood magic that brought the birth of the dragons. Dany sacrificing MMD in the pyre and because "only death can pay for life" her death in the fire hatched the dragon's eggs, but I think MMD had no idea that her death would result in the dragons.

So was it her intention to birth the dragon since not only her "burning" but also her "songs" might be the cause?

I have thought much about the possibility that MMD actually wanted to hatch them all along. She seemed to teach Dany the rudiments of blood magic, and goaded her to into burning her. Remember MMD spent time in Asshai, there could be a link with her and the red faction (even though she for the great shepard). We saw Moqorro using his prophetic abilities to know exactly what to do, in exactly the right time, to meet his goals, i wouldn't be surprised if MMD has similar abilities.

MMD sang songs that seemed to protect Dany and hatch the dragons - i'm inclined to believe that she did this on purpose, and her role was not one of anti-dany nemesis, but of self sacrificing dragon midwife.

Remember it seemed Moqorro was at Dany's wedding to Drogo, pehaps she's been watched upon by prophetic eyes longer than we thought.

Archived