Jamie= Azor Ahai?

Azor Ahai thrust his sword through his lover's heart to empower it.

Dany burned her husband when she hatched her dragons.

To become AA, Jamie will need to kill Cersei... And that's quite unlikely to happen IMHO.

If he plunged the sword through Brienne's heart, would that not serve to further the prophesy as well?

• 2 weeks later...

I just read that entire article that started this topic, and I have to say that Jaime as AA is really, really stretching whats stated in the text. My first criticism is that he bases his entire argument on aSoIaF being very paralleled to Norse mythology. I don't see it that way at all. Jaime has no qualifications according to Mel, Aemon, or any others who preach about the PtwP or AA. And the explanation of Jaime being "reborn" is the flimsiest reasoning I've ever heard. "He disappeared for a book." So? So did Tyrion, Sansa, Dany, Theon, Arienne, Brienne, Jon, and Davos. Skipping books doesn't narrow down the speculation, since most of those characters fit in with the prophecy quite well.

And I really, really have to disagree that fighting for humanity means fighting for Slavers also. Jaime has done nothing to "save" humanity apart from the wildfire plot, and even then you throw in the factor of saving his own life and his fathers and the impact diminishes. Dany, however, frees the slaves when she could have just went to Westeros and forgotten about them. No matter what happened afterward, Dany's actions in slaver's bay trump Jaime's actions in the Red Keep as far as "savior" figure goes.

Jaime as Azor Ahai has no basis when looking at the other characters and actual text evidence. Btw, him eating pork on the show? Really???Show evidence means nothing to the books.

And I really, really have to disagree that fighting for humanity means fighting for Slavers also. Jaime has done nothing to "save" humanity apart from the wildfire plot,

He said saving humanity means saving all people, good or bad, so yes that would include the Slavers and people like Ramsay and Joffery.

Jaime as AA actually makes the most sense. Jon and Dany are just red herrings.

Jaime as AA actually makes the most sense.

I completely disagree; it makes no sense, as there has been literally no hint, suggestion, or reference to it within the books themselves. Vague hints in the show and real world mythology really have nothing legit to offer.

Jaime fits none of the descriptions we have of AA, as seen here. Not unless you twist things around to fit within the prophecy's words and it really is not the same prophecy. Starting with the Red Star as Dead Martell(s). Yes, the sun is a star, but the text never links the sun with the same equivalence as stars, the best example being the sword Dawn, supposedly forged from a "fallen star," which gives name to the castle Starfall. If a "star" like the sun fell, Planetos would be destroyed. And the common folk all refer to the comet as a 'star.' Its a shooting star. We still call them that a lot. A weaker example could be Dany calling Drogo her Sun-and-Stars.

The darkness gathers as Bran? That's such a stretch when he bases it on BR telling Bran he will be cloaked in darkness. He's in a cave. Its gonna be dark. Cersei was in a dark cell, as was Theon. Tyrion was in a dark boat. Brienne was in a dark forest. Every character, major or minor, has experienced the darkness at some point. One even claims he is "of the night," (Darkstar). But Bran is picked because... I seriously think that guy just wanted to equate Bran with evil.

Azor Ahai shall be reborn amidst salt and smoke... except Jaime has not had any sort of rebirth at all. I don't buy that a gap between books, which just so happens to be when we start to see his inner thoughts, is any sort of rebirth. Nor do I think the steaming bath qualifies, or that Jaime has changed all that much. The changes he has made were influenced by Catelyn, Brienne, Cersei, and Tyrion, nothing to do with rebirthing into a hero. Just as that article says, the bath is not smoke; its steam. He ate with Roose after he had the bath. That's not 'smoke and salt,' that's 'smoke and then later food, but figuratively called salt.' And again, he mentions the show, the fricking tv show that changes many things, as evidence because Jaime was eating pork. He recalled Renly's statement that Stannis was a ham since Mel said he was born amidst salt and smoke. The better connection is Jon in an ice cell at the wall after the coup that kills him. the ice cells are where frozen food is place, such as ham. But Jaime eats some ham with the help of Brienne, on the TV show, and suddenly Jaime is the best candidate.

Also, another criticism I have of that guy's post is that he mentions Jaime's dream he has while sleeping on a Weirwood (which I assume anyone, literally anyone would have since its established that Weirwoods are quite magic) but neither sword is burning red, so I don't think this is very great evidence at all.

Most telling is the fact that no one, not Mel, Moqorro, Thoros, any person connected to Rhllor and Asshai, which is where AA actually seems to stem from, has been connected to Jaime. Jon, Stannis, and Davos all have Mel. Dany has the priests in Volantis. Even Victarion has Moqorro believing in him for something. Jaime has no one.

If Jaime is Azor Ahai Reborn, it will be a complete ass-pull/Deus Ex Machina on the author's part, and he is way too good for that.

• 3 weeks later...

I see. Personally I don't think there will be any promised prinses, Azors or lightbringers. The prophesy is vague enough to be interpreted as anything really.

I kind of agree with you. Only kind of, because I don't have the confidence anymore to be sure of any of my predictions about these books as they have all been superbly crushed by Mr. Martin. Hahaha.

But it is definitely very very deliberate that so many characters seem to fit the various prophecies. Maybe the bitter sweet ending that has been promised will be just that...that characters who think they are AA or tPtwP will strive to save the world, but that belief will eventually lead to their downfall.

Although that's mostly just bitter and not at all sweet.

Archived