My Song of Ice and Fire (Jon Snow! Jon Snow King!)

Versiroth

When Jon defeats the others and is pronounced the one true King, the singers in the land will sing "A Song of Ice and Fire"!

The land was dark

the end was near

there was no hope in sight!

And then, he came

the one true king

to banish away the night!

They marched through dark

through freezing cold

their blades were terrible!

But he lead the charge

this leader of light

and they fell before his blows!

He's sharp as ice

and burns like fire

the embodiment of both!

For he's the heir

of Ice and fire

the prince that was promised!

So hale to him, the one true king

may his heir's forever reign!

For the spring has come

and once again

the kingdoms are all safe!

Only problems with your theory is, who Jon's parents are is irrelevant to Stannis, as he currently has the best claim to the throne. And Stannis, being Azor Ahai, will lead the final battle against the Others. Jon is welcome to keep the Night's Watch after Stannis accepts his crown. He may even be given Winterfell and the North if Stannis legitimizes him, though he already had that chance and turned it down, so I'm doubtful.

Only problems with your theory is, who Jon's parents are is irrelevant to Stannis, as he currently has the best claim to the throne. And Stannis, being Azor Ahai, will lead the final battle against the Others. Jon is welcome to keep the Night's Watch after Stannis accepts his crown. He may even be given Winterfell and the North if Stannis legitimizes him, though he already had that chance and turned it down, so I'm doubtful.

To be honest, I was just having some fun with the song. I actually do believe "A Song of Ice and Fire" will end up being an actual song in the books by the end. And since Jon is likely the result of a union between Lyanna (Ice) and Rhaegar (fire), it would make sense for the song to be about him. That doesn't mean that Jon will end up being the king. The song itself may only depict Jon's battles with the others. Or it could be about Dany using her Dragon's (fire) to battle the Others (ice). There could be many end results.

I like it. A nice little song about Jon, well done sir! :thumbsup:

If I could make 1 small critique, it should rhyme more.

Thanks! Honestly, this could have been a fun thread with different people making up their own "A Song of Ice and Fire" song (depicted about who and whatever they want), but a few posters have already tried to ruin it. Maybe it will still head in that direction.

EDIT: This post was directed at a few posters that apparently had their posts deleted.

When Jon defeats the others and is pronounced the one true King, the singers in the land will sing "A Song of Ice and Fire"!

The land was dark

the end was near

there was no hope in sight!

And then, he came

the one true king

to banish away the night!

They marched through dark

through freezing cold

their blades were terrible!

But he lead the charge

this leader of light

and they fell before his blows!

He's sharp as ice

and burns like fire

the embodiment of both!

For he's the heir

of Ice and fire

the prince that was promised!

So hale to him, the one true king

may his heir's forever reign!

For the spring has come

and once again

the kingdoms are all safe!

The tune I heard as I read it was the show's Rains of Castamere. It fits surprisingly well.

The tune I heard as I read it was the show's Rains of Castamere. It fits surprisingly well.

Haha, I listened to the The National's version of Rains yesterday quite a few times and I won't lie when I say that it was still in my head when I was making up the lyrics.

Archived