Ghosts in Westeros

I'd say UnCat, UnGregor, and Beric were more along the lines of zombies, as they are technically reanimated corpses.

I'm real big on ghosts, I'd love to see some wind up in Westeros. Why not, you know? We've heard of a few haunted places in the books, but I also won't be surprised if none show up. I don't know what point any could serve.

The Ghost of High Heart can be a spirit as I said before. Who knows if she's alive? She may have died in Summerhall and now is hauting near High Heart. She's a Maegi (Maggie the Frog), but as far as I know she can be dead, she appears from nowhere and disappears without leaving a trace when the BWB visits High Heart, Tom o' Seven always play music for her

And all the whispers about Harrenhal and its ghosts and curses

Fortnight seems to be haunted as well

Cat and Beric are not undead/zonbies. They are proper ressurections. They breathe, they eat, they sleep (although Beric said that not as much as before, they clearly still have life functions) and, most importantly, they can be re-killed. The wights are the proper undead representation in the series - a reanimated corpse which can't be killed unless the body is burned or chopped to pieces. Gregor may and may not be an undead, but probably is as it was said he does not have physiological needs.

To the topic: I believe Qyburn said something about ghosts to Jaime on their way to KL... And the Silent Sisters are said to be able to talk to the dead.

The most accurate fact we know is IMO the death of Varamyr. There was some brief period after his death but before his warging and that's what I believe to be a canon fact about what happens after death and... yes, there are ghosts, IIRC

The Ghost of High Heart can be a spirit as I said before. Who knows if she's alive? She may have died in Summerhall and now is hauting near High Heart. She's a Maegi (Maggie the Frog)

Maegi? where was that said? I was under impression she is an Old Gods worshiper who has prophetic dreams like Jojen

Archived