Who would be a potential dragonslayer?

Abbadon

Honestly? I don't think Dany's dragons are going to die. If they do, though, it's probably going to be in the fight against The Others (because I do believe they are going to be extremely helpful).

Ya see, I get the exact opposite feeling. I don't know when the feeling hit me, but awhile back it just sort of started and ever since I've never been able to imagine Daenerys having her dragons ten years down the line or at all after she takes the throne (if she takes the throne at all. Seriously, how many books does it take to get her from one continent to the other?)

But I don't think it'll be in a fight against the Others. For some reason, the whole Neck face off that should have happened between the Starks and Targs three hundred years ago keeps nagging at me. As if it's going to be the face off that at the very, very end of the books that has us all on the edge of our seats. And why not? It would be Dany and the Starks against each other. Two protagonists that the majority has been cheering for since day one, but against each other. It wouldn't just be a war in the books, but in the fandom--Stark fans vs Targ fans. Two forces against one another.

The fates of the North, probably the Stark family as a whole, and the Dragons would hang in the balance.

That epic face-off is my dream ending of ASOIAF.

Archived