Jaime's threat to Edmure

TheGreatstag

It's an empty threat but not because Jaime would not have done it. This happens right after he calls the Frey in command a fool for making threats he was not properly prepared to carry out.

It's an empty threat because Jaime has no intention of waiting for that child to be born before he takes Riverrun.

Edmure gave up his seat to protect the people of Riverrun, not just his child. Jaime would still have put the castle to the sword if he had intended to go through with the threat.

• 4 months later...

The whole things is very over the top. Would he seige the city, and kill blackfish and the child? sure he would.(and that kid is basicly a ward, so him killing it is not that out there)

Would he rip it down brick by brick and actually throw the baby from a trebutch? maybe, but i doubt it.

Because of Jaime's reputation Edmure believed the threat and that was enough.

I think he would have carried out the threat, although I hope the baby trebuchet thing was a bluff.

Ultimatley I think it would have been like killing Aerys which one of his vows is more important to him?

Of course he wouldn't. The rest is just an accurate description of what the seige would actually be like, which is why Jaime doesn't want to do it. He is using his reputation as a weapon.

Archived