Crackpot: What if Dany's dragon eggs were fresh?

caravaggio

I don't have much of anything to back it up, it just popped in my head as I was reading today, but...

We see Bran having visions of dragons in Asshai and later we hear rumors of dragons. What if some enterprising person or group of people found these dragons in Asshai or the Shadowlands, were unable to tame them or whatever, but were able to get their hands on some fresh eggs.

What if these were the eggs given to Dany? They were always going to hatch, but maybe needed a nice warm fire to set the hatching process in motion.

Well Bran did have that vision of dragons well before the big 3 were born, so it's definitely possible.

I also started a re-read and there's a couple instances where Dany notices how the eggs are warm - she brushes it off as warmth from the sun, while briefly acknowledging but refusing the possibility there's life stirring within. She even dreams of Drogon in the same chapter, I believe.

And if I remember correctly, Illyrio did get the eggs from Asshai. With Bran seeing dragons stirring over there, it's possible these are 'new' eggs.

Dany describes them as being cold as stone so I don't think they were alive when she first got them.

interestingly enough, when Dany was traveling with the dothraki to Vaes Dothrak and she was all depressed and weak and thinking she was going to die, she dreamed about a giant black dragon which sang to her(similar to Bran and the life-sustaining direwolf song?) and bathed her in fire. After that dream she felt stronger and healthier and began to feel warmth in her dragon eggs. Dany has a magical connection to her dragons.

Well Bran did have that vision of dragons well before the big 3 were born, so it's definitely possible.

I also started a re-read and there's a couple instances where Dany notices how the eggs are warm - she brushes it off as warmth from the sun, while briefly acknowledging but refusing the possibility there's life stirring within. She even dreams of Drogon in the same chapter, I believe.

And if I remember correctly, Illyrio did get the eggs from Asshai. With Bran seeing dragons stirring over there, it's possible these are 'new' eggs.

Dany describes them as being cold as stone so I don't think they were alive when she first got them.

interestingly enough, when Dany was traveling with the dothraki to Vaes Dothrak and she was all depressed and weak and thinking she was going to die, she dreamed about a giant black dragon which sang to her(similar to Bran and the life-sustaining direwolf song?) and bathed her in fire. After that dream she felt stronger and healthier and began to feel warmth in her dragon eggs. Dany has a magical connection to her dragons.

Maybe Dany is doing something similar to the skinchanging that Bran does and, unknown to her, is in communication.

Archived