What's so great about Tyrion?

Let them come

Even if he survives the entirety of castle black is already in turmoil. Additionally, no one think TWOW will start and Jon is just going to get up fine. We think he will warg into ghost for quite sometime before getting revived. Everything you alluded to will happen regardless if he lives or dies. There has just been way too much foreshadowing and there would be way too much plot destruction if they were to kill off Jon.

That whole concept just stinks to high heaven in my opinion.

Additionally, when GRRM doesn't confirm Jon's death when questioned on it you get the feeling he will survive

he's not just going to say " yeah he's dead"because that would give the game away. He hasn't confirmed his fate either way, as far as I am concerned.

But, it's my opinion.

Nonetheless we try and be constructive when criticising characters. Comments purely consisting of hate don't really contribute much and are bound to start flame wars (especially with controversial characters like Tyrion.).

That whole concept just stinks to high heaven in my opinion.

So you read all 5 books of a series that apparently, based on the threads i have read of yours, that you hate? Not a great use of time I would say.

So you read all 5 books of a series that apparently, based on the threads i have read of yours, that you hate? Not a great use of time I would say.

I've read a series, that I thoroughly enjoy. Part of my enjoyment is that things never turn out the way they would in another series.

Nonetheless we try and be constructive when criticising characters. Comments purely consisting of hate don't really contribute much and are bound to start flame wars (especially with controversial characters like Tyrion.).

I've never seen a post with anybody saying anything constructive about Walder Frey or Ramsay Snow. Their actions don't get justified by fans of the series like Tyrion's do.

Tyrion thread much?

To the OP - he has had a hard life, just not in the same way as 99% of Westeros has (your Gendrys, etc). He's had things way better than most people in respect to wealth, education and other opportunities, but also has been physically prohibited from many of the "normal" opportunities that 99.99% of the rest of Westeros take for granted. Its hard to say which is more of a handicap, being born a dwarf or being born low-class and poor.

Tyrion has an amazing ability to take impossible situations head on, and turn them on their face. Getting out of the Sky Cell, and then allying the clans - both involve pure brilliance. Yes, he did it because he has the financial means, but still, you are not expecting that kind of creative thinking from any other character in similar circumstances. Jaime shows some flashes of brilliance when he is negotiating with the River Lords, but its still a pale show to Tyrion.

I always like to think that George has an end in mind, with whomever he decides will be alive at the end and that he just lets his characters go. In other words, he creates a story with one major plot (battle with the Others juxtaposed against political squabbling), then lets the characters he created fill the gaps. The reason I'm saying this is that I don't think any character dying has rendered any arc "pointless". Every chapter sheds light on something in the series, whether it be the atmosphere of Westeros, a king's death, or just a change in weather. I trust that George knows where the story is going and how it will end and that a lot of the "well what was the point of this if..." is a little bit unfair. George tried to make this as realistic (in a fantasy world) as he could. Humans being terrible to each other because humans are terrible to each other.

But, it's my opinion.

Let's say that if you hate everyone who disagrees with your opinion of Tyrion (and you clearly said that) you reveal yourself as immature and/or small minded. We have plenty of lively discussions about characters here. There is room for differing opinions. It's one thing to say that you don't agree; it's another entirely to say "I hate you because you don't agree with me."

Let's say that if you hate everyone who disagrees with your opinion of Tyrion (and you clearly said that) you reveal yourself as immature and/or small minded. We have plenty of lively discussions about characters here. There is room for differing opinions. It's one thing to say that you don't agree; it's another entirely to say "I hate you because you don't agree with me."

When have I said that?

I've never seen a post with anybody saying anything constructive about Walder Frey or Ramsay Snow. Their actions don't get justified by fans of the series like Tyrion's do.

Is there any controversy about Walder Frey and Ramsay Snow? And in any case most of the comments about them are mostly joking.

Tyrion on the other hand is amongst the top favourite characters, and is very morally ambiguous. You don't see how saying that you dislike anyone having a positive opinion of Tyrion might be a little inappropriate?

Archived