What's so great about Tyrion?

Let them come

Um, with Ned's death, a war started

With Cat's death, the north will probably join Stannis or whoever will represent the North against the Lannisters. Oh, and she's UnCat now.

What Jon's death will achieve? Who will care? Nothing happens.

The Night's Watch will fall (even further) into disarray, The Wildlings will most likely be miffed, Stannis loses his ally on the Wall and a lot of proverbial Shit hits the fan. Just in time for the Others to turn up.

Edd's close, but I think Tyrion is the most witty.

Everyone sells Stannis very short on this regard, but there was just a thread collecting his gruff, no-nonsense barbs and they were pretty awesome. Jaime is also in the top 5.

As for Tyrion as a character, he's...complicated. Certainly his wit, intelligence, erudition, relative clarity, and ability to overcome a substantial handicap to thrive under immense pressure with unparalleled responsibility are endearing, but he also has...troubling relationships with femalekind, let's say, and he also, you know, kills his dad, which, sure, Tywin's the worst, but, man that's issues. And unlike everyone else on Earth, I dug his Essos chapters, because seriously how would you feel if you just:

a) Saved the life of everyone you knew.

B) Were rewarded with that with betrayal and certain death, led by your father and sister.

c) Learned that the only woman you ever truly loved, who you believed for years was just a prostitute paid to bamboozle you, was in fact actually in love with you and subjected to incomprehensible abuse in which you were complicit.

d) Killed your father and the only other woman you've ever come close to loving.

I mean, I'd feel pretty awful! I'd probably mope, drink a lot, and disregard my moral compass and the consequences of my actions on others!

Redemption is a tricky thing, in literature as in life, but watching the ascent, descent, and re-ascent of Tyrion is one of the most fascinating character arcs in, well, maybe any book I've ever read. Watching him sniff out Griff 'n' son, then flung back into misery with captivity, then slavery, barely saved from the jaws of a highly ironic death by an unwitting Daenerys, then turning it right around and roll the dice on a massive gamble to bring the Second Sons over to Dany...well, you don't have to like Tyrion, but if you think that's boring then I'm not sure what interests you. But you probably think Victarion is Azor Ahai.

I'm talking about the rape of the girl in Lys

Wasn't that in Selhorys? And just to take a small edge off that one, she was a whore working in a brothel. But yea, that's a rape, and he intended it as a rape, so he was pretty debased at that point.

On the whole, however, Tyrion is a great character. As the forum points out, he's hilarious, and smart, self-aware, and at times he generally cares about other people, which is way more than most of the other characters in the entire series. The wallowing after murdering Shae and Tywin was pretty unbearable, but even in the ride with Illyrio he is funny, and clever enough to at least be aware of the larger plots the Cheesmonger and Spider are working.

He is a dwarf in a time when they were looked upon to be accursed and less than human and he's prospered. The fact that he has survived being a prisoner of the Eyrie, the battle of the Blackwater(and played a significant role in it's victory), the venom of a monarch and the hatred of his family is pretty great. Add in his survival in Westeros and it is pretty impressive despite the flaws in his character.

:agree:

btw...I do love your koala!!!!!!

You actually think Jon is dead? then what was the point of the prologue? Also what is your opinion on Melisandre a man then a wolf then a man again Vision? To be honest I don't think Jon would perish before R+L=J is revealed.

From what I gather you are just a hater. You probably view Jon, Dany, and Tyrion with equal amounts of hate because you are just too cool to like the so called "main" characters.

Varamyr couldn't pull off saving his skin by warging, so why could Jon? Six-Skins was an accomplished and powerful warg. Jon is only just getting to grips with it. Melisandre and her visions need to be taken with a grain of salt. You people are all too determined for a happy ass super duper conclusion in which Jon, either isn't dead or just comes back to life. Ned didn't. Robb didn't. None of the other "heroes" have. Catelyn has, and she's fucking bonkers.

Varamyr couldn't pull off saving his skin by warging, so why could Jon? Six-Skins was an accomplished and powerful warg. Jon is only just getting to grips with it. Melisandre and her visions need to be taken with a grain of salt. You people are all too determined for a happy ass super duper conclusion in which Jon, either isn't dead or just comes back to life. Ned didn't. Robb didn't. None of the other "heroes" have. Catelyn has, and she's fucking bonkers.

Um, Varamyr tried to warg thistle and she resisted, killing him, but he managed to get into his wolf One Eye before dying... Then later Bran kicks his ass as Summer...

Its nothing to do with a happy ending, Jon is a bigger character than Robb or Ned. His is the Song of Ice & Fire. Ned was killed to rally the North into the war, Robb was killed to all but destroy the House Stark so as to make its revival all the more epic and significant. Jon's death would do nothing.

He is one of the smartest, well-read, intelligent, capable men in Westeros. He knows how to manipulate people and how to play the Game. And that's why he is huge threat, and great ally.

If i had top draft pick u would choose tyrion for my side. He has a quick mind for politics and war. Plus he is not afraid to do what has to be done. And doesn't mind people hating him (okay he minds but has accepted it.)

Its nothing to do with a happy ending, Jon is a bigger character than Robb or Ned. His is the Song of Ice & Fire. Ned was killed to rally the North into the war, Robb was killed to all but destroy the House Stark so as to make its revival all the more epic and significant. Jon's death would do nothing.

Jon's death would throw the different factions currently at castle black into disarray and turmoil. Distracting them from the Others, which would roll on in to mop up the remaining people. That's something.

First of all: :bowdown: :lmao:

Secondly: I think it's entire possible that Jon death-wargs into Ghost, then somehow regains human form, and is...fucking bonkers!

But if he was somehow resurrected, he's not going to be all smiley happy " hey I'm Jon Snow and me, Arthur Dayne and my papa Rhaegar and all your other favourites are going to kill the Others" I just want people to consider the possibility, that he's dead as a doornail.

Ned was no longer essential to the plot and neither was Robb. With Daenarys Visions in the undying about a blue rose growing from a chunk of Ice and with Jon's Targaryan parentage they are bound to meet.

Because this is a standard fantasy series and things like that happen all the time. Uncle Benjen is gonna bring Ashara Dayne along to their wedding.

Jon's death would throw the different factions currently at castle black into disarray and turmoil. Distracting them from the Others, which would roll on in to mop up the remaining people. That's something.

Even if he survives the entirety of castle black is already in turmoil. Additionally, no one think TWOW will start and Jon is just going to get up fine. We think he will warg into ghost for quite sometime before getting revived. Everything you alluded to will happen regardless if he lives or dies. There has just been way too much foreshadowing and there would be way too much plot destruction if they were to kill off Jon.

But if he was somehow resurrected, he's not going to be all smiley happy " hey I'm Jon Snow and me, Arthur Dayne and my papa Rhaegar and all your other favourites are going to kill the Others" I just want people to consider the possibility, that he's dead as a doornail.

It has been considered... Have you read any of the 13 million Jon Snow threads on the forums?

Archived