Will Bronn...

Noxus

He'd be crazy to leave the Crownlands, as his hold on Stokeworth is not secure. He leaves on an adventure and he's liable to return to Stokeworth being given to another noble or other people controlling Lolly.

Now if he stays he's got an outside chance of gaining Rosby, and with Aegon and Tyrion approaching with their sellsword armies, with a possibility that he may have worked with one of these two outfits in the past, and the Throne needing support he may come out of the next war even more powerful providing he chooses the right side.

Even Tyrion understands why he didn't. After Bronn says no, he says something to Pod like "I always knew he was a black hearted rogue.....that's why I liked him so much." I doubt Tyrion is holding a grudge, and they would happily enter into mutually beneficial partnership again.

Yeah I love that scene. There's this subtext of "I want to help you man, but it's a lose-lose situation for me." The fact that he came and listened and seemed like he was waiting for Tyrion to offer him a good reason despite the fact that he knew there was none, suggested to me that he really was Tyrion's friend, and perhaps not quite so black-hearted as he'd have us believe (although still sufficiently so I'm sure).

If anything I would put money on Bronn planning for a Tyrion rescue party rather than an attack on the Vale. I wouldn't put too much stock into what's said on the show when analyzing the books.

I think Bronn is up to something but it isn't attacking the Vale. Book and show are not the same thing so I wouldn't look to that as evidence of any future action on Bronn's part.

On a related note, Martin has confirmed we will see Bronn again so it's safe to say that we will eventually learn what he is planning.

Yes, I agree with both of you about not putting too much stock into the TV-series when trying to "predict" something in the books. But there's still some hints, I Believe, about the final two books.

And everyone saying that Cersei would stop him: Cersei is in no position of power, and most likely won't get it back.

The realistic part of my theory is, indeed, very unrealistic about 100+ men taking on 20k+ men and surviving. Do remember, however, that the 20k+ men are tired and haven't done real battle in 2+ years. And the Foundation of these men is uncertain, as some Vale Lords dislike LF. So if Bronn could ally himself with Another house (or more, depending on their size)and if the Vale rebels against LF, that might be a situation where he could attack? I am not sure about how war works in these kind of ways, as I have not studied history, could someone fill me in?

Archived