The Kingslayer

He would marry Cersei, specially so since he now has to bring the Lannisters into the fold, and they would have an even worse marriage.

But actually, Cersei's firstborn son, without Jaime around, might be Robert's. Subsequent children will probably be bastards - with such a lousy marriage, it's only a matter of time until Cersei gets another lover(s).

The additionally sad fact, depending on where in the nature vs. nurture debate we position ourselves, is that Robert will neglect his only trueborn son and that kid might just become as much as a prick as Joffrey.

Now, the thing is, Jon Arryn might not suspect the other two (or more) children are bastards. Even more, Cersei's lover might be dark haired. Jon will want to foster his son well away from Lysa, so he might end up dying on schedule. But Ned doesn't have a (false) lead to find out why he was murdered. Even if he's pointed at Cersei's infidelity and he confronts Cersei, she will clearly tell him the crown prince is Robert's legitimate son.

Renly should still be plotting to bring Margery to KG, which has to result in Cersei's death and, with the addition of Ned Stark as a hand, Robert Baratheon is likely to die on schedule. But Ned won't claim Stannis is the king if Robert's firstborn is legitimate. Cersei will claim the regency by force of arms but, without treason, Ned probably gets back to Winterfell. The funny thing is, Renly would rebel, but neither Stannis nor Ned will - so the Lannisters actually need the North by then. With Sansa's engagement, they have it. So we have the Tyrells and most of the Stormlands against the Westerlands, the other part of the Stormlands, the North and maybe the Riverlands. It will be the war of the two kings, or three if Balon rebels as well. Maybe Renly manages to get Dorne on their side, but it's doubtful.

I think it would have played out something like this, although it would not have been nearly as good a story.

I'd be interested in how Jaime would fit into the NW, Especially at this time when he still had his ideas of knighthood and it's honour, I think he would have the potential to become LC or 1st ranger, but he might also receive a lot of hate for being a kingslayer especially from loyalists like ser alliser (I also think LC at the time might've been a loyalist as house qorgyle are loyalists to the martells, so he would've given him a hard time) I can also imagine that if He were killed cersei might name one of her kids after him

I think since Maester Aemon was at the wall and unable to help his family when they wer3me slaughtered, if one of the people who did the slaughtering showed up on the walk he may have "forgotten" his vows and poisoned Jamie.

I doubt Tywin would have called off the wedding or started a war. With Cersie as queen he just would have arranged Robert's hunting accident earlier, claimed regent for himself and would have released Jamie from both his KG and NW vows, history be damned *if Aemon hadn't yet killed him. Ned never would have been in KL to see a problem or interfere. At least the child king would most likely be rightful heir, and hopefully not a total tool.

Archived