Could Quiathe be the voice of Rhollor?

total1402

Theres just something very odd about that "womans" behavior. Only speaking in prophecies, not being helpful, acting creepy by appearing to Dany (this could be done by glass candle I know) and filling her head with dreams. On the whole Quiathe seems to be associated with the fire magic being from Asshai, her remarks about the street performer in Qarth andher visions involving Dany fighting figures of ice on the trident. Melisandre tells us that her lords commands are like a man speaking to an ant. Obviously if Rhollor did exist he would want to communicate with AA and try to make his will known. Quiathes difficulties at expression might explain this. Perhaps she is a human puppet or wight like creature speaking pieces of her masters will though outwardly still being mostly normal. Although a more innocent explanation is that Quiathe is a purist with the prophecies and doesn't want to corrupt what she is relaying to Dany with her own opinions like Melisandre who tries to make prophecy from what she sees.

One related point. HP Lovecraft was an atheist and he made Cthulu and all these other god like beings in his mythos. Just because GRR Martin is an atheist doesn't mean nothing similar doesn't exist in the world of ASOIAF. Yes, there are lots of very skeptical characters in the world he made. Most of these have been proven wrong on Children, Others,Dragons, magic, resurrection and many many other things. Tyrion started out looking all clever but his attitude is progressivley out of touch with the reality of the world he lives in.

I think Quaithe is just a woman, and that Rhllor could do a lot better than her if he wanted to talk to Dany. Why not just give her visions like he does for his priests/devotees?

They have to look into the flames for their visions. Dany does not do this because she is not a fire worshipper. Rhollor could not communicate with her in this manner.

Dany also already has dragon dreams though this may have been more due to her connection to the dragons as she doesn't seem to have them afterwards.Seems more of a Targ thing according to Maester Aemon. All of her subsequent visions are initiated by other people or by her eating things.

Meh. Dany's around fire even if she doesn't stare at it. rhllor could just talk louder when he's talking to her.

Or maybe he's not that powerful, I don't know.

Well....its not impossible. Some other fantasy series have done that where the big bad isn't as powerful as you would think.

It would do so funny if Dany did that to both of them. :D

However given the way the White Walkers are I can't see it. Martin seems to want the big bad to be a massive threat that you take very seriously.

Archived