Question of High Valyrian?

How did Dany learn High Valyrian, since she didn't have a maester or septa. If she learnt it from the free cities it would have been bastard valyrian, but she speaks High Valyrian more fluently then people in Westeros that have had maesters and septas, is it because she is a Targaryen, blood of old Valyria?

Please answer this Question for me :)

How did Dany learn High Valyrian, since she didn't have a maester or septa. If she learnt it from the free cities it would have been bastard valyrian, but she speaks High Valyrian more fluently then people in Westeros that have had maesters and septas, is it because she is a Targaryen, blood of old Valyria?

Please answer this Question for me :)

Her brother probably taught her.If the targs spoke High Val among themselves he was old enough to know it

I had always assumed she was properly schooled when she lived with Darry in Bravos. She knows little of the Seven, and of the Maesters, so her schooling would have to be from an Essos person(s). And it seems to me that Nobles (or their equivalent) in Essos are more likely to speak High Valyrian than a bastard dialect. As for speaking it more easily, I think it would be because she learned it at a young age and has little or nothing to do with her ethnicity as it were.

She's a bright girl despite what some seem to think, but I always wondered about that too. I mean her brother could have helped but they were still kind of young when they were forced out on the streets and he wasn't exactly the most caring person in the world.

Archived