Dany gets the horn: Is the point of Vic's story to deliver Dany a means to tame dragons?

I don't know if this has been discussed before, if it has I've missed it somehow, I had this idea just a minute ago and it really fits so many strylines. I like the idea that Vic either teams up with Dany or is tricked by Barristan or Tyrion into becoming a tool and enabling possible multiple dragon riders, for a start the consequences of this idea would be that Melisandre's visions portraying Victarion as a force of darkness would be a brilliant twist that whilst he helps "Team Fire" she may still see Dany's dragons as the forces of darkness they probably will be (not hating on Dany but GRRM's dragons are going to surely be compromised and responsible for tragedy).

Additionally it means Dany may well have to choose a Nissa Nissa to blow the horn and change her dragon Drogon into "light bringer".

Getting a bit crackpot I'm willing to guess the person the horn kills lives on some way in the dragon that they capture for their "master" and that whoever becomes invested in Drogon will betray Dany and be her betrayal for love, going into specific ideas here is total guess work but I think the idea of Barristan or Jorah becoming part of Drogon and turning on Dany for their love of another woman who she's pitted against like Ashara Dayne and maybe Dany gets eaten by her own dragon?

Let me know your thoughts and see if you can add more cracks to the pot before it collapses under the weight of crazy guesses :cheers:

Partly he is to give her a means to tame the dragons. Partly he is to clean up her life (kill Hizdar, Daaria, etc.) Partly he is to kick-start her journey back to Westeros, kidnapping her if necessary. He will likely die messily, but his purposes will be accomplished.

Archived