What is waiting for Dany in Asshai?

Ser Pigeon Pie

If Dany doesn't appear in TWoW or only has a couple of chapters at the beginning, and then re-appears all of a sudden in, say, Oldtown we could learn what happened to her through flashbacks (if she has indeed gone to Asshai). Asshai btw isn't only the place where the red religion originates from, it's also the place where the first dragons came from.

GRRM may not want to write chapters of her in Asshai because much of the mystery will be gone. Through flashbacks we will only get bits and pieces of what happened to her there, but not the entire story. But what we get will be relevant to the story we have been following in ASOIAF and I guess Mel's flashbacks will fill some of the blanks (kind of like how Rhaegar's story and Robert's rebellion have been told through Ned, Barristan, Cersei, Jaime etc).

Okay, that makes sense. I like that you pointed out how Rhaegar's stories is only seen through flashbacks so the same could easily happen with Dany. For some reason I had thought that dragons came from Valeriya... or was it that the Tags came from there?

I think he asks what is the "truth". He doesn't ask whatever we'll see Asshai or not.

Thank you! I know we will probably not ever get to explore Asshai with Dany or anyone else, but I was just curious as to what Quaithe was talking about with Dany. It's always fun to theorise, even if it things won't work out that way.

Personally I hope we don't see her go there. The Meereen Knot has got me frustrated enough, get Dany to Westeros!!

Chresus Jist! Reading here sections in Dance was so confusing. And I'm definitely tired of her being in Essos, I want her wreak havoc in the Westeros! Dragon fire for all!

Okay, that makes sense. I like that you pointed out how Rhaegar's stories is only seen through flashbacks so the same could easily happen with Dany. For some reason I had thought that dragons came from Valeriya... or was it that the Tags came from there?

The dragons came from the Shadow Lands beyond Asshai. They were discovered and tamed by Valyrian shepherds.

Archived