Apathy for whoever sits the Iron Throne?

Tquinn BC

Sometimes I feel a little bad because I can't ever pick a side. I never really have a voice in those "Who should sit the IT debates." Frankly, I just don't care.

It seems new people seem to root for the Starks when they begin the series. Then Robb dies and a few remain loyal and whisper to themselves that winter is coming and the north remembers every night before they go to sleep.

It seems Dany also garners a lot of noob fans, who call her the "dragon lady" like that's her only qualifications for ruling Westeros. There never seems to be Targ supporters (which is maybe the only faction that I would support) they either flock to Dany or no Targ at all.

We get a few hardcore fans that jump on the Iron Islands bandwagon or support the Lannisters or even the Freys. I like these people, the most. Their loyalties are explained in the most interesting of ways.

Then there's Stan Fans.....

... I just don't love Stannis. Maybe that's the point, but I can't jump into his camp. I mean, I like his character but I would never see myself in Westeros holding up his banner. (I'm preparing for his fans to summon their shadow-demon-baby-things any moment now...)

My point is: There is an army of frost zombies preparing to move south. The faction fighting is negligible.

But maybe that's all we have to do until 2025 when "winds" comes out. Does anyone else have this same apathy?

Nope, who will win the game of thrones excites me more than who's gonna be the hero who defeats the Others. But that's personal interest of course.

I see your point. I'm less interested in who the main hero is or AA and all of that. I just want the human race not to be exterminated (that is not meant to sound sarcastic!)

I see the problem of Winter and the Others as more immediate. Even the worst candidate for the Throne would be better than a continuing conflict that keeps the Realm from a united effort against the upcoming invasion from beyond the Wall. I see either Stannis or Aegon (fake or real, Targ or Blackfyre) as better choices than Dany, who would likely get bogged down in peripheral problems. Stannis recognizes the threat from the north and Aegon would be all fire-in-the -belly to confront a foe. I don't see Jon as a viable candidate politically, unless he can arrange for Sam to rig the election; he has no support base beyond the North, which is thinly populated.

Archived