Marriages/Relationships in WOW and Beyond.

During the whole of the first 5 books there have been no marriages that last more then a book that we actually get to see husband and wife working together like Alysanne and her brother/husband(Sorry cant spell his name and lazy to open another tab).

Joanna and Tywin was also a similar relationship like that.

However in the first 5 books there have been no such marriages that have happened and lasted more than a book, Dany and Drogo, Drogo died before AGOT ended.

Ned and Cat were seperated at the start of AGOT and Ned died at the end.

Do you think there will be anymore of such marriages where husband and wife work together on equal terms?

Or there will be no more in the series.

If yes who so you propose based on the events leading up to the next book?

Sadly no. There are a few marriages that have that potential, but will probably never to get that stage. Margaery and Renly had potential as does Margaery and Tommen. If Jaime were to marry Brienne. Robb and Jeyne had potential, though she did not seem the most intelligent of girls. Trystane and Myrcella is another with great potential, though she seems to be far more intelligent than him.

I guess the most likely one is Aegon and Arianne, but they will probably work together to the detriment of their lives.

What about Dany and Vic if they marry?

Victarion is an idiot. Though I do think if he was raised properly he would actually be a stupid but fairly good man, the same with Drogo. Alas they are what they are. No I don't see them working too well. Dany is a smart woman and Victarion is just a thug.

Victarion is an idiot. Though I do think if he was raised properly he would actually be a stupid but fairly good man, the same with Drogo. Alas they are what they are. No I don't see them working too well. Dany is a smart woman and Victarion is just a thug.

Well they could still "use" eachother. Dany could get to Westeros with his ships, and he could get his revenge on Euron. And I wouldn't say that Vic is very stupid, but he was sort of locked too long on the Iron Islands and maybe he could learn a little bit more from his trip.

During the whole of the first 5 books there have been no marriages that last more then a book that we actually get to see husband and wife working together like Alysanne and her brother/husband

Stannis and Selyse? :dunno: They have a very cold marriage but hey! Selyse is very supportive to her husband.

Thats true I forgot about that one, plus she convinced him to follow mel.

Selyse is not really Stannis' equal mentally and her advice is usually leading him down the wrong path. He would do best to ignore her.

Well they could still "use" eachother. Dany could get to Westeros with his ships, and he could get his revenge on Euron. And I wouldn't say that Vic is very stupid, but he was sort of locked too long on the Iron Islands and maybe he could learn a little bit more from his trip.

They could use each other, but I don't see them forming a dynamic duo like the examples given by the OP.

Selyse is not really Stannis' equal mentally and her advice is usually leading him down the wrong path. He would do best to ignore her.

They could use each other, but I don't see them forming a dynamic duo like the examples given by the OP.

Yea shes leading him down the wrong path, but considering he listens to some of her advice in a patriarchal community compared to other men.

Archived