What if Ned wasn't beheaded

The Black Hawk

Well the plan was for Yoren to take him to the Wall (that's why he was still in King's Landing) and make a stop at Moat Cailin or wherever Robb was and have Ned advise him to bend the knee to Joffrey.

I suspect with the war raging in the Riverlands and Amory Lorch attacking anyone who wasn't a Lannister simply because he could, Ned would most likely never get to the Wall. I suspect he would have become the leader of the BwB.

He'd take the black and help the NW defeat the Others. There would be no War of Five Kings, although poor Sansa would be stuck marrying Joffre.

Stannis and Renly probably still would have tried to take the throne from Joffrey. Stannis knew Joff, Myrcella, and Tommen were bastards.

I like what someone said before about Ned leading the BWB. I think that would be cool. But I still think he would have tried to meet up with Robb + Cat. Ultimatley the honourable thing to do would be to join the NW. He would let Robb be Lord of Winterfell. Ned probably would have become LC after Jeor.

Archived