The Free Cities at War

Dead Wolf

Volantis launched its fleet against Dany in ADWD. When she heads west, she'll likely have defeated the fleet and want revenge on Volantis. The widow's words to Tyrion seem to foreshadow a slave revolt in Volantis when Dany comes west. Here's what I think will happen. Volantis and Lys will stand against Dany to preserve the slave trade. Before she has even arrived, however, Pentos and Braavos will go to war with Lys and Volantis to free the slaves. Myr, which is already at war with Lys and Tyrosh, will side with the Pentoshi. The war will rage back and forth while Dany creeps ever closer to Volantis and Braavos launches its Arsenal. Dany and the Braavosi will smash the remaining ships of the Volantene fleet between them. The Pentoshi and Myrish forces will begon moving towards Volantis to sack it. Tyrion will tell Dany about Illyrio's plan to put Aegon on the throne. Dany, when she hears this, will lose her shit and declare war on Pentos, promising the Tattered Prince the city once they take it. The war comes to a bloody conclusion when the Braavosi fleet abandons Pentos for fear of being roasted, Volantis is sacked by Dany, and she finally moves on to Westeros, after a short visit to Lys, where she finds Edric Storm and decides to use him to bargain for the loyalty of the storm lords. Thoughts?

I always thought that if anyone was going to destroy Volantis' fleet, it would be the Iron Fleet.

Braavos is a tricky one. On one hand, theyre all for anti-slavery. On the other hand, they dont seem to like Valyrians, so I dont think Danys dragons might be well received there.

And IF Pentos does go to war, their priority will be Dany, and not freeing slaves IMO.

And I like your idea about her using Edric.

I always thought that if anyone was going to destroy Volantis' fleet, it would be the Iron Fleet.

Braavos is a tricky one. On one hand, theyre all for anti-slavery. On the other hand, they dont seem to like Valyrians, so I dont think Danys dragons might be well received there.

And IF Pentos does go to war, theyre priority will be Dany, and not freeing slaves IMO.

And I like your idea about her using Edric.

Yes, but in order to show that they'll support the anti slavery movemont. Also, they have to go to war, Braavos will incist, and one does not refuse Braavos, most powerful of the Free Cities

Archived