did the others invade essos?

Tommen Beetsbane

the land bridge between essos and westoros broke eons before the others came, but a lot of people on this forum believe that

AA and the last hero are the same thing. but the red religion is from essos so how would the red priests even know about his story if they never had to fight/fear the others?

Don't most believe that AA and PtwP are the same? I thought the general consensus was that Last Hero was something else

Don't most believe that AA and PtwP are the same? I thought the general consensus was that Last Hero was something else

just read on a different that the last hero(given blade of frozen fire from COTF to slay the others and bring an end to the long winter) had so much in common with AA that they must be the same guy just different charasterics due to the 8k years between then and now

Hmm, Salladhor Saan tells Davos the story of the forging of Lightbringer, and his version has the element of the Long Night in it.

"Do you know the tale of the forging of Lightbringer? I shall tell it to you. It was a time when darkness lay heavy on the world."

There's no mention of the Others however, but it makes me think that something vile was wondering around Essos as well, since they needed a hero with a magic sword. If it was just a story of something that happened in Westeros, I'd be inclined to think it would not have been told in Essos for whoknows how many thousands of years.

I was recently wondering if the Others would invade Essos this time around, no idea if they did in the past but I doubt they would need the land bridge

"Dead things in the water"

They could just have their wight army walk over under the sea (Patchface will lead them!) hijack a passing iceburg and go raiding over in Braavos.

I don't know if the Others ever invaded Essos, but GRRM said that Westeros was previously a land inhabited by non human races, and he spoke about the children of the forest.

So what I guess happened is that men were originally in Essos (therefore the prophecy must have originated from there) and then got the idea to cross to establish themselves in Westeros. The Others seem to have established themselves north of Westeros and were at war with the COTF, the war was ended by a truce. Then came the men and a further fight COTF/Men vs Others occured.

It doesn't seem, so far, that the Others tried to conquer Essos, maybe because of the power of old Valyria. But we have no other information.

However, I am quite sure that there is an emphasis about the danger the Others represents to men but the "fire nation" must not be too good either, there needs to be a balance between Ice and Fire.

Anyway, as I've read some mentions of TPTWP and AAR, here is a DVD extra of GOT season 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIe0Q3PgcOw GRRM explains the religions of Westeros and explains that Mel says Stannis is the prince that was promised by an ancient prophecy and thus he gets Lightbringer. IMO, this puts an end to all discussions about AARand TPTWP not being the same person.

Archived