A lack of Stannis in season 4?

Conquered Sun

While I do like Stannis, I think that one of the best moves would be to have him in the first 2/3 episodes and then appear out of the forest to help at the Battle of Castle Black. At least for people that haven't read the books, it would a half expected, half suprising moment.

If I remember correctly, there was a leaked picture of Melisandre and Stannis burning a few people, surrounded by soldiers. http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/gory-game-of-thrones-scene-filmed-at-wellknown-beauty-spot-ballintoy-beach-29653592.html

But nevermind, No Melisandre and there is no one immediately recognizable as Stephen DIllane. Still thought I would post this link though.

They have more photos over at WiC.net:

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/10/dramatic-set-photos-from-ballintoy-harbour/

Melisandre and Stannis are definitely there, and I think I can make out Davos as well.

I would say it would be best to spend the first few episodes, especially after the Purple Wedding, about having Stannis battle between Mel and Davos about taking the throne now that Tommen is on the throne or continuing up north. We could see Davos finally start to sway Stannis toward reason again. We could see Stannis sway towards his now motto of "I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne." Try and repair the damage they have dealt the great Stannis! Then send him away for episodes 5-8 with the end of four being a stand-off about leaving the wall and trying to gather lords to take King's Landing and Davos making a brilliant speech about Save the Kingdom. Basically, recreating what the end of season 3 SHOULD have been for Stannis.

Archived