Dreams of Ice and Fire: Arya

mindchap

I think what is happening in 5 might be a really early allusion to what we see happening with Jon and Ghost in ADWD. When we get Ghost's perspective, he seems to see and sense that Shaggydog is hunting a unicorn, and that Nymeria is howling at the moon. Ghost knows who is and isn't alive though he hasn't been with his brother Grey Wind and sister Lady since before they were killed.

So I think Arya is picking up on what Summer and Shaggydog's POV of Winterfell was after the fire through Nymeria. Same thing Jon picks up on through Ghost, when he wakes up and thinks about that Ghost knows other wolves are dead.

I think what is happening in 5 might be a really early allusion to what we see happening with Jon and Ghost in ADWD. When we get Ghost's perspective, he seems to see and sense that Shaggydog is hunting a unicorn, and that Nymeria is howling at the moon. Ghost knows who is and isn't alive though he hasn't been with his brother Grey Wind and sister Lady since before they were killed.

So I think Arya is picking up on what Summer and Shaggydog's POV of Winterfell was after the fire through Nymeria. Same thing Jon picks up on through Ghost, when he wakes up and thinks about that Ghost knows other wolves are dead.

Interesting perspective, it makes sense. There are a couple of points in Jon's dreams where he seems to be having a dream inside a wolf dream, if that makes any sense at all.

Ghost's line is pretty ambiguous, especially coupled with Summer's from SoS.

Archived