[Book Spoilers] The remaining Stark children

Ser Hugh BuckweII

In the novels, it is evident that each of the Stark children, including Jon, is a warg (has the ability to enter the minds of animals). Arya and Jon discover this ability as early as ACOK but so far the only one we've seen use these powers is Bran. Is it possible that D&D have been holding Arya and Jon's discovery off for season 4? If so will it provide a means for Jon to find Ghost and for Arya to witness the bodies in the river?

Didn't D&D say once that only Bran is going to warg?

Personally, I think they will have to introduce at least some of the other kids as wargs sooner or later:

Arya: Her ability to see through the eyes of a cat are crucial to her training progress in Bravos.

Jon: If all the hints about wargs living on inside their animals after death becomes relevant to his comeback.

Robb is dead, so no warging for him. Sansa lives, but Lady is gone, so no warging for her, either. Probably. That leaves us with Rickon. Given that he did have the same dream Bran did when Ned died and given that we've actually seen quite a bit of Shaggydog last season, his warging abilities might become relevant in later seasons. Depends on what he does in WOW and DOS, though.

I think personally that they will have to have jon & arya's warging at some point, especially Arya.

If Arya was going to see the bodies in the river, I think that would have happened in the season 3 finale.

I think it would have made things complicated if they did it then, because the episode opened up at the Red Wedding, and Nymeria see's the bodies a few days after that happens. That might confuse things a bit, especially cos they already have stuff lined up for arya in that episode.

I personally think that having that scene as the opening scene of S4 would be a great way to start the season, as it would be confuse unsullied until they realise that its arya, not bran, dreaming, and it proves to be key to arya's storyline later on

I think this season is perfect for them to start revealing Arya's warging capabilities. You start to forget about Nymeria and then BAM, season 4 episode 10 Arya's looking through her direwolf's eyes and sees her dead mother floating in a river and drags her ashore.

Next season will probably be Jon learning his warging; especially if it has something to do with his assasination.

Archived