Will Arianne be able to seduce and control (f)Aegon?

Aegon is of age and Jon's king. Jon legally can't tell Aegon what to do. If Connington can't make stay at Griffin's Roost while he takes SE, then I doubt he could stop Aegon from marrying Arianne.

If he hasn't actually been crowned, is he legally Jon's king? In any event though Jon and Haldon might be able to persuade him not to marry Arianne.

Legally, he's not King. They still call him Prince, IICR. (also, Connington call himself Lord after retake GR, so who the hell cares, either way)

There is no proof of Aegon taking an attitude of thinking he's above everybody else because he's the King. In fact, he still considers Connington as someone he can trust and for what we saw during his meeting with the GC, Aegon still considers he's receiving good advice from him, and probably the same about Haldon and Lemore. His wishes of leading the attack, imo, have nothing to do with his position but his own youth, which Connington understand, as he was in the same situation 16 years ago. As we don't know yet how the attack to SE actually happened, we can't tell if Aegon completely disobeyed and rushed himself into the battle (and got lucky) or if he was open to receive good advice from Connington and his commanders, which is probably more accurate.

Besides, Aegon himself wants Dany, because Dany is not only the one with the Dragons but she's also a Targaryen. Considering Connington thought of Elia being "not worthy" of Rhaegar's, probably he filled his head with ideas of only another Dragon was good enough for him. Aegon's rushed campaign is nothing but his way to impress Dany after Tyrion told him he would be the beggar. A more arrogant guy would have simply move on or insist on go after her. He wants to prove himself worthy of Daenerys.

Legally, he's not King. They still call him Prince, IICR. (also, Connington call himself Lord after retake GR, so who the hell cares, either way)

There is no proof of Aegon taking an attitude of thinking he's above everybody else because he's the King. In fact, he still considers Connington as someone he can trust and for what we saw during his meeting with the GC, Aegon still considers he's receiving good advice from him, and probably the same about Haldon and Lemore. His wishes of leading the attack, imo, have nothing to do with his position but his own youth, which Connington understand, as he was in the same situation 16 years ago. As we don't know yet how the attack to SE actually happened, we can't tell if Aegon completely disobeyed and rushed himself into the battle (and got lucky) or if he was open to receive good advice from Connington and his commanders, which is probably more accurate....

or wether aegons ideas accrually helped taking SE

There is no proof of Aegon taking an attitude of thinking he's above everybody else because he's the King. In fact, he still considers Connington as someone he can trust and for what we saw during his meeting with the GC, Aegon still considers he's receiving good advice from him, and probably the same about Haldon and Lemore. His wishes of leading the attack, imo, have nothing to do with his position but his own youth, which Connington understand, as he was in the same situation 16 years ago. As we don't know yet how the attack to SE actually happened, we can't tell if Aegon completely disobeyed and rushed himself into the battle (and got lucky) or if he was open to receive good advice from Connington and his commanders, which is probably more accurate.

Besides, Aegon himself wants Dany, because Dany is not only the one with the Dragons but she's also a Targaryen. Considering Connington thought of Elia being "not worthy" of Rhaegar's, probably he filled his head with ideas of only another Dragon was good enough for him. Aegon's rushed campaign is nothing but his way to impress Dany after Tyrion told him he would be the beggar. A more arrogant guy would have simply move on or insist on go after her. He wants to prove himself worthy of Daenerys.

I think Aegon (and probably Jon Con too) would be open to marrying someone else instead of Daenerys (especially if she turns out to be barren). Varys might have a hand in it too if marriage is to be used as a means to form political alliances.

And also, Jon Con didn't think Elia unworthy because she was a Martell; he probably thought so because of her poor health (that she wasn't strong enough for Rhaegar). Another possibility is that Jon Con wanted Rhaegar all to himself and would think any woman to be unworthy of his silver haired prince.

He is a King. She is very highborn and her maidenhead is no longer in tact. I don't believe she was previously married, like Dany. This diminishes her chances as far as seduction and control, as he won't trust her unconditionally. I can see a Sansa being able to pull it off much more successfully than an Arianne, provided Sansa maintains her virtue and remains a maiden throughout her current learning period.

The odds aren't good.

Aegon won't be the lovesick dolt Arys Oakheart was.

She can't control Dorkstar.

Aegon is proud and confident. I see the personalities clashing. But then again, I see him clashing worse with Dany.

I think she was blessed because I don't see her seducing and certainly not controlling the erratic Viserys if that would have worked out. She got out of that one luckily.

Not so sure about this.

Archived