Chapter 10 Sansa

Throstle

I just can not stop but to wonder if maybe Sansa really is petyr's daughter. I thought that Catelyn said in one of her chapters long ago, that Edard took her maidenhood, I could be wrong. I noticed though that both Sansa and Rob did not really look like Edard. They lacked the horseface. Maybe Petyr had an affair with her even after she was married. It might explain Catlyn's utter loathing for John, if she felt guilty.

I wish Sansa would stick up for her self instead of always being someone else's pawn.

When Petyr said to Sansa, "Many a man will drown in those eyes" I wondered about his plans for her. Why many a man? Why not your say your husband. He does own a lot brothels in King's landing.

I just can not stop but to wonder if maybe Sansa really is petyr's daughter.

This theory keeps coming back like a bad penny, but it's completely impossible to square with the series. Catelyn's POVs are 100% clear that Sansa is Ned's daughter, and that Catelyn has not seen Littlefinger since their childhood days at Riverrun.

• 2 weeks later...

I just can not stop but to wonder if maybe Sansa really is petyr's daughter. I thought that Catelyn said in one of her chapters long ago, that Edard took her maidenhood, I could be wrong.

In addition to what Colonel Green said: we always thought Littlefinger's tale about taking Cat's virginity was a lie, but Lysa's revelation in ASOS about their first night together means that it could be a wishful thinking delusion on his part. Lysa said she came into his bed when he was drunk and emotionally down after Catelyn rejected him and laughed at his kiss, and this was her first time (most likely his first time, too) - and he called out "Catelyn" after he came. In his condition, he may have thought she was Cat or remembered it wrong, because he wanted it so much. GRRM himself has said this theory is possible. He and Lysa slept again after his duel with Brandon.

I noticed though that both Sansa and Rob did not really look like Edard. They lacked the horseface.

Children aren't clones of their fathers, many of them look like their mothers. Sansa, Robb, Bran and Rickon all take after their mother and have the Tully look. Only Arya has the Stark look. Sansa is, in particular, supposed to be incredibly physically similar to Cat at that age, which is the reason for LF's obsession with her.

When Petyr said to Sansa, "Many a man will drown in those eyes" I wondered about his plans for her. Why many a man? Why not your say your husband. He does own a lot brothels in King's landing.

Oh come on, you don't really think that LF would use such a valuable piece in the game that Sansa is - a Stark, and the heir to Winterfell (as far as he knows) - as a common prostitute?! Not to mention that he wants her for himself.

Why not just Harry the Heir? Well, don't you think it's unlikely that LF actually plans for Harry the Heir to have a long life as Sansa's husband, do you? (That's if he even means for them to get married.) Sansa's beauty and her claim have great market value that LF, no doubt, wants to utilize the best in attracting potential suitors/husbands for her, while positioning himself as her mentor/father figure/lover (which he hopes to be; she doesn't share his enthusiasm for that potential development).

I don't think Sansa is Little Finger's daughter at all, he has made a few advances towards sansa already and I don't think he would have done that if he knew there was a possibility that she might be his daughter. I think what is happening is that LF is torn between being attracted to sansa's likeness of catelyn at that age, and also wishing that sansa might have been the daughter that him and catelyn might have had.

I don't think Sansa is Little Finger's daughter at all, he has made a few advances towards sansa already and I don't think he would have done that if he knew there was a possibility that she might be his daughter. I think what is happening is that LF is torn between being attracted to sansa's likeness of catelyn at that age, and also wishing that sansa might have been the daughter that him and catelyn might have had.

We don't need to look at LF's behavior to figure out if she's his daughter. We know she's not, because we had Cat's POV and we know that she never had sex with him, never was interested in him that way, and hadn't seen him since his duel with Brandon.

Archived