The Others are dead CoTF that came from destroyed Weirwoods

oursisthefury69

It would explain their overall hatred for men.

They were first reported after First Men had started chopping down the weirwoods.

Perhaps they were children of the forest and or greenseers, who had passed away and became one with the trees and were set free once the previously immortal Weirwoods started getting chopped down

^@SonofStannis I mean I don't need a personalized apology on account of it being too crackpot for your taste as if this was specifically addressed to you or something. And there is zero "evidence" on what or who they came from in the text, hence the need for a hypothesis.

God forbid somebody discusses something abstract like the Others origins; instead of re-contributing the same "evidence" day in and day out for things that were easy to figure out 18 years ago

^@SonofStannis I mean I don't need a personalized apology on account of it being too crackpot for your taste as if this was specifically addressed to you or something. And there is zero "evidence" on what or who they came from in the text, hence the need for a hypothesis.

God forbid somebody discusses something abstract like the Others origins; instead of re-contributing the same "evidence" day in and day out for things that were easy to figure out 18 years ago

Wow someone has thin skin, was just stating my opinion.

@Ashassucklingbabe I know what your talking about, but I also think there's something more to what happens to the CoTF, greenseers,and skinschangers after they die; I'd specifically reference the Varamyr prologue (and I know Bloodraven says something at one point as well) where he's literally describing what happens after he dies, and talks about seeing through the wierwood and several animals

@BastardSnow Yes but how did they "create" them? Do we believe they have the power to create new life? I think there's some evidence that CotF/Skin-changers/green-seers live on in the weirwoods after death, and that the Others themselves seem to be very powerful/magical. I think it'd make more sense if they somehow reanimated dead people the way we've seen from the Others and Thoros, and somehow warged into them themselves or allowed the CotF previously living on in the trees to inhabit the reanimated corpses

Someones a stalker, Im flattered :rolleyes:

I guess you didn't realize since in general "crackpot" tends to just be thrown around as "I don't like your theory" nowadays... But what it actually is supposed to mean is that a theory lacks evidence.

So you said it lacks evidence, plus that it lacks evidence...

I guess you didn't realize since in general "crackpot" tends to just be thrown around as "I don't like your theory" nowadays... But what it actually is supposed to mean is that a theory lacks evidence.

So you said it lacks evidence, plus that it lacks evidence...

The theory doesnt make sense to me thats all.

Shouldn't the Others have come back during the Andal invasion then, because the Andals were apparently quite fundamentalist at first and cut down loads of weirwood (before making a 180 and was completely fine with a weirwood in every castle).

Archived