Tully Valyrian Sword.

Grizzly Mormont

Aren't they supposed to actually have a Valyrian sword? I remember something like the Lannisters being the only major family that doesn't have a Valyrian sword. Even some non-major families have it (Mormonts, Corbrays), and now the Lannisters have Oathkeeper (sort of).

But Tully become major family after the Doom. They are preety much amateurs, and Lannisters could just leave them aside.
AFAWK only Starks and Lannisters have specific Valyrian swords before Conquest - Ice and Brightroar lost with Tommen II in Valyria.

Baratheons? Nada - if Storm Kings have on Baratheons would inherit it. Dorne? Nope? Gardeners? No idea?

Surely there must be other Valyrian steelswords around?

But they would have been mentioned. Why don´t the Baratheons, the Arryns?

The Daynes have Dawn. The Tarlys have Heartsbane.

If I had to guess, I´d guess the Hightowers and the Yronwoods have a famous sword as well. Seems strange if the Greyjoys have no, but maybe the ancient swords of the ironisles perished in Harrenhal. Could imagine that some family in the Vale, maybe Royce, have one.

Aren't they supposed to actually have a Valyrian sword? I remember something like the Lannisters being the only major family that doesn't have a Valyrian sword. Even some non-major families have it (Mormonts, Corbrays), and now the Lannisters have Oathkeeper (sort of).

Actually, the Starks were the only major house who had a VS steel sword when the series began.

No mention of VS swords for House Tully, House Arryn, House Baratheon, House Tyrell, House Greyjoy and explicitly stated that House Lannister didn't have one.

P.S.- Name for Tully Sword- Shark's tooth.

Aren't they supposeIf I had to guess, I´d guess the Hightowers and the Yronwoods have a famous sword as well. Seems strange if the Greyjoys have no, but maybe the ancient swords of the ironisles perished in Harrenhal. Could imagine that some family in the Vale, maybe Royce, have one.

House Hightower's ancestral sword was Vigilance ( made of VS0, it was lost during the dance of the dragons. Nothing mentioned of a Yronwood VS sword sofar.

If I had to guess, I´d guess the Hightowers and the Yronwoods have a famous sword as well. Seems strange if the Greyjoys have no, but maybe the ancient swords of the ironisles perished in Harrenhal. Could imagine that some family in the Vale, maybe Royce, have one.

We know the Hightower had Vigilance during the dance of the dragons, not confirmed yet in the current books.

Archived