White haired women w/bronze....is Stoneheart

Fantaratut

New User here.

I read the last Bran Chapter recently and was suprised that no one else made the connection I did. That is that Brans last vision is not one of the past, but one of the future. It is my idea that the scene he sees is of Lady Stoneheart executing Jaime Lannister. The beareded man is Thoros, who brings Jaime to the chopping block. I think Bran will be the one to stop his zombie mom from killing Jaime.

First, welcome to the forums! :cheers:

Quick thing: weren't the visions going further and further back in time at the end of the chapter? It seems like the timeline wouldn't line up there.

First, welcome to the forums! :cheers:

Quick thing: weren't the visions going further and further back in time at the end of the chapter? It seems like the timeline wouldn't line up there.

:agree:

And the mention of bronze strongly suggest the First Men. What intrigues me is whether this particular First (Wo)man was anyone noteworthy or whether this scene just serves to show First Men sacrifice before a heart tree rituals.

Welcome! I agree with the other posters, in that the scenes were going back in time because the tree was getting smaller and smaller. Although I have always been curious about all the visions Bran sees and wish I knew who they all were. The last vision makes you consider the blood sacrifices of The First Men and the possibility of them having Valaryin features. It is all very interesting and leaves me wanting more!

Welcome! I agree with the other posters, in that the scenes were going back in time because the tree was getting smaller and smaller. Although I have always been curious about all the visions Bran sees and wish I knew who they all were. The last vision makes you consider the blood sacrifices of The First Men and the possibility of them having Valaryin features. It is all very interesting and leaves me wanting more!

Welcome to the forums, nice theory here but... :agree: The bronze sickle is what really gives it away that the vision was of the first men. Bronze is a very pliable metal and doesn't make sense to be used for tools or anything by the current time period standards. LS wouldn't be the one doing the killing anyways as she probably doesn't have the strength for it.

Welcome to the forums, nice theory here but... :agree: The bronze sickle is what really gives it away that the vision was of the first men. Bronze is a very pliable metal and doesn't make sense to be used for tools or anything by the current time period standards. LS wouldn't be the one doing the killing anyways as she probably doesn't have the strength for it.

I'm guessing you meant to quote the OP?

I'm guessing you meant to quote the OP?

No I meant to quote you, the but... 'I Agree' was with your post. Specifically the first sentence of your post where the tree is getting smaller and smaller so the visions are going back in time.

Additionally there are no Heart trees save for the Isle of Faces and Raventree south of the neck anymore. So unless LS takes Jaime to the Isle of Faces then it just doesn't work.

No I meant to quote you, the but... 'I Agree' was with your post. Specifically the first sentence of your post where the tree is getting smaller and smaller so the visions are going back in time.

Additionally there are no Heart trees save for the Isle of Faces and Raventree south of the neck anymore. So unless LS takes Jaime to the Isle of Faces then it just doesn't work.

I agree with all of this, and acknowledge that the sacrificing was at WF long long ago....

But to play Devil's Advocate there is a Heart Tree in Riverrun and it is described as being "slender" like the small one in the vision, could it be the vision was not going back in time, but just shifting perspectives between different trees? If Bran's last POV is ahead of the Riverlands in time then its possible the BWB could retake Riverrun and sacrifice Jamie there.

As everyone else has already stated so adequately, it was a scene from the distant past featuring a blood sacrifice by the First Men. It had nothing to do with Lady Stoneheart or Jaime or Brienne.

I have the book right in front of me, and the very last paragraph of that Bran chapter states:

"No," said Bran, "no, don't," but they could not hear him, no more than his father had. The woman grabbed the captive by the hair, hooked the sickle round his throat, and slashed. And through the mist of centuries the broken boy could only watch as the man's feet drummed against the earth... but as his life flowed out of him in a red tide, Brandon Stark could taste the blood.

When you group the bold sentence with the facts that each "dream" keeps going further and further back in time and the men he was seeing "had faces like those statues in the crypts," I think its pretty safe to say that this isn't Jamie and LS, but its an interesting theory nonetheless! I would also like to know more about all of those visions he had as well. And welcome to a fellow newcomer! :cheers:

Archived