Season 6+7 filming schedule (some spoilers)

Vels

Hi all

I read this article today.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/cerseis-naked-game-of-thrones-walk-banned-by-church-20140826-108ek1.html

Mainly talks about Cercei's walk of shame.

One passage caught my attention though:

"Its last two seasons do not have a release date and will only be filmed once Martin has written his final novels, The Winds Of Winter and A Dream Of Spring"

Is this old news? I didn't realise that the final book had a confirmed title yet

HBO have only agreed up to six seasons at the moment however I do not see them waiting for ADOS to come out before agreeing to and filming season 7. Winds is probably a year away maybe more so ADOS is likely to be 2-3 years as a very optimistic prediction, no way will the show wait that long.

HBO have only agreed up to six seasons at the moment however I do not see them waiting for ADOS to come out before agreeing to and filming season 7. Winds is probably a year away maybe more so ADOS is likely to be 2-3 years as a very optimistic prediction, no way will the show wait that long.

I don't know what the contract says , but I think GRRM does not have that kind of artistic control over the show.

This being HBO's highest ranked show ever makes me wonder what goes on at Mahogany Row at Time Warner and HBO, if it kicks up a tick next season HBO (maybe under TW's pressure) may say season 7 is not the end.... they would have dough to cover contracts then ... it may be like killing the Goose that ....

I am always surprised at movie franchises that I think have run their string ... yet keep raking it in... ... well sell 500 million Chinese a one dollar ticket and it's King Midas time!

(We have not idea how GOT's foreign success will be , because we never find out.)

Archived