Could LF be a Blackfyre? Crackpot theory

anonnyscouse

In 196AC after the failure of the first Blackfyre rebellion Daemon's surviving sons escaped to the free cities and became sellswords. In an unknown year a Braavosi sellsword entered the service of House Corbray and the sellsword's son became a hedge knight. The hedge knight's son fought alongside Hoster Tully in The War of the Ninepenny Kings, which is where we next get a timeline, the war happened between 259AC and 261AC. As a result of the friendship that developed between Hoster and the hedge knight's son, his own son Petyr Baelish was fostered by Hoster Tully.

I've been looking at those years and something struck me, if we take an average of about 20 years for each generation, then a timeline struck me:

Daemon's son -> Braavosi sellsword born approx 200AC -> hedge knight born approx 220AC -> hedge knight's son born approx 240AC -> Petyr Baelish born 268AC

Not a whole lot of proof and a lot of speculation, especially as it would require a fourth generation Blackfyre fighting against the Blackfyres in TWotNK but the timeline fits and could explain Petyr's ability to play the game so well.

Eh, my problem with this is the same I have with the "Petyr is a Reyne" theory, and is that it completely destroys LF's character and motivations because he's supposed to be from a very insignificant family to have those inadequacy issues

People like the idea that he is something more than what he seems.

However, if I were to espouse any such theory of secret Petyr bloodlines, I would go for the more plausible:

Petyr is also partly an Arryn - a Gulltown Arryn.

They marry merchants, they are richer than their main line cousins, but despite this success, considered uncouth by highborn society and not talked about much. Guess who fits the bill ?

No this is not proof of any kind, but more plausible speculation. Especially if you consider with Harry Hardyng, House Arryn is already scraping the bottom of the barrel for possible heirs.

Possible. There must be a Blackfyre, and I'd prefer it be someone far less obvious than Aegon.

If Petyr were a Blackfyre, wouldn't there be something about him that clues us in that he might be part Targ? There's nothing special that I can recall, no hints. I'll keep an eye out during my reread.

Possible. There must be a Blackfyre, and I'd prefer it be someone far less obvious than Aegon.

If Petyr were a Blackfyre, wouldn't there be something about him that clues us in that he might be part Targ? There's nothing special that I can recall, no hints. I'll keep an eye out during my reread.

The only thing that comes to mind is that despite only being about 30 he seems to have a fair amount of grey hair, mixed with dark hair silver hair could look grey, especially for people who aren't expecting to see silver hair.

Archived