Switched Horns

EddardsHead

This is more than likely crackpot but just for fun, has anybody ever given any thought that perhaps the Dragonbinder Horn that Victarion has may in fact be the Horn of Joramun, and the horn that Sam has in Oldtown is the actual Valyrian Dragonbinder Horn.

Sam returns from Oldtown thinking its the Horn of Joramun, Jon blows it and binds himself to a dragon. While Vic has the horn blown in Essos and nothing happens, until Dany takes the horn to Westeros and blows it in the North resulting in the Wall collapsing.

How did the Horn of Joramun end up in Valyria and how did a Valyrian dragontaming horn end up buried at the Fist of the First Men?

BR could have took the Dragonbinder beyond the Wall. Could have been a heirloom that nobody knew how important it was. We are told that the other Horn was found in Valyria, but who's to say it actually was.

Yeah, I believe Euron is working with the WW, that's why he's ripped out his crews tongues. He has travelled all over the world, I'm thinking his last stop was the Lands of Always Winter.

Possible, but what does he gain fro it? I know he is mad, but I doubt that he would help the Others without seeing a benefit for himself.

Possible, but what does he gain fro it? I know he is mad, but I doubt that he would help the Others without seeing a benefit for himself.

Agreed, the simple promise of dominion over the South could be a reason. Power for a madman is a powerful pull. As I said it's crackpot, but would be a interesting twist.

Two problems I see with this.

1. How were they switched?

2. Why is there writing on Victarion's horn that says that it's for taming dragons if it's not a dragon taming horn?

1. Bloodraven definitely could have taken the Dragonbinder beyond the Wall. It would certainly make sense that he would bury the Dragonbinding horn, along with Dragonglass daggers, and with his Nights Watch cloak. As for the Horn of Joramun, it has not been seen since the Age of Heroes, there are plenty of possibilities that it some how could have ended up in Valyria, or that Euron is lying about where he retrieved the horn.

2. Well we currently do not know Moqorro's motives or background. He could be lying to Victarion to possibly spare his own life.

Yeah, I've though this too. That, or my own theory, that they Horn of Joramun and the Dragonbinder Horn are the same thing. I personally think that the one Vic has is the real thing, and the one found at the Fist was a fake (because why would a NW man bury a weapon which could potentially bring down the Wall, the very thing they are sworn to defend at all costs, NotW where the "enemy" - whether that's wildlings or Others or whatever - could find it?)

My crackpot theory is that one Horn is used to bind Ice and Fire - Wall and dragons - and that to wield the Horn you need the blood of ice and fire, that is, R+L=J. Jon will be able to wield the Horn and do all kinds of crazy things in the Battle for the Dawn 2.0 (not clear on the details of this yet - maybe i'll have more once I've read TWOIAF). Because after all, the series is called A Song of Ice and Fire - "song" makes me thing of music, and a horn is a musical instrument... seems to me it could be pretty important.

Mel has been telling the world Stannis is AA, but Aemon believes she has the right idea just the wrong person. Moqorro might have the right idea, but the wrong Horn.

He's reading the inscription on the horn that Victarion has. Unless he's lying to Victarion, the horn is what Moqorro thinks it is and there's no reason to think he's lying (at least about the horn). The inscription is vague enough that it might not do exactly what Moqorro thinks but it is almost certainly Valyrian not of the First Men. Also, High Valyrian is still a well known written language. People would know what it looks like, even if they can't read it. I can tell something is Arabic writing even though I don't know how to read it. Even the Ironborn should be able to tell the difference between Valyrian and the runes of the First Men.

Don't forget that Euron's horn blower died from internal burn injuries. That horn is associated with fire, not giants or gigantic ice structures.

Sounds like a good defence against possible Ice people blowing it & bringing down the wall.

The fact it got sounded at the moot & nothing happened is a hole in my thinking. The only thing that could explain it is that to sound the Horn properly, you need someone who is unburnt like Dany who can blow it to its full extreme & survive.

He's reading the inscription on the horn that Victarion has. Unless he's lying to Victarion, the horn is what Moqorro thinks it is and there's no reason to think he's lying (at least about the horn). The inscription is vague enough that it might not do exactly what Moqorro thinks but it is almost certainly Valyrian not of the First Men. Also, High Valyrian is still a well known written language. People would know what it looks like, even if they can't read it. I can tell something is Arabic writing even though I don't know how to read it. Even the Ironborn should be able to tell the difference between Valyrian and the runes of the First Men.

I agree, yet this magic Horn was given to Victarion by his brother who could have easily had Valyrian runes engraved on it.

One thing I don't get, why would Euron give this mighty gift to Victarion, the biggest threat to his throne & give Victarion the chance to make an alliance with Dany against him.

I'm taking a lot of leaps on this crackpot theory & will most likely be eating humble pie when WOW is released!

Archived