Game 71.5

DJDonegal

Hmm, is a no lynch today the worst outcome? Then it's down to seven players, but we have just as many days to play with. Gek, I've really got to go.

Hope you can get to a lynch without me.

Is anybody interested in lynching Thursday, again?

This post is awful and the only good thing I can say about Thursday is that he can't be partnered with Spidey.

Is anybody interested in lynching Thursday?

Not really.

She's always somewhat illogical in her cases (no offence, Lany), and a bit fluffy in her contribution. But I think she'd be more wishy-washy if she were evil. .

No offense. I have always been a "gut" player. Even when I find the right person, rarely can I make a logical enough case to convince anyone. The "shower song" being the perfect example ;)

Because his behaviour fits the FM profile very well. He tends to stay very much under the radar, not making waves or ruffling feathers--and then pops up later with reasonable posts full of rather safe opinions. He hasn't really interacted much with people or acted very involved with the game.

I think I could safely say that of Kat, Lany and LCOTNW too. I disagree, anyway. He was the first to attack Spider on day one and made a decent-ish case on you today.

There isn't time to make a case on him with quotes, but just take his reactions to Spidey's reveal on Day Two. IIRC, he was very quick to push the conclusion that Spidey was guilty without a doubt.

So did Malc.

Lany's behaviour is a nulltell. She's always somewhat illogical in her cases (no offence, Lany), and a bit fluffy in her contribution. But I think she'd be more wishy-washy if she were evil. And I think her interaction with TheMalcolm comes across as very, very genuine.

Dunno, I've been trying to re-read her, but she just posts all over the board, so it's pretty difficult to do it with the new board functions. I think this is a good reason to stick to alted in the future. I find her suspicious, but then I always do. I mostly agree with your assessment, but would probably still lynch her over Pebbles.

:agree: with Malc.

LCOTNW, again, if you're the finder, then we can lynch Sir Thursday even though he'll be conveniently absent for the lynch. If you're not the finder, then we can't. He's basically the only other option.

Eh... LCOTNW basically implied he had a finder result on someone who was under no danger today. Three players had votes at that point: Lany, Mina and Pebbles. It would be foolish to lynch anyone else until LCOTNW confirms his CI.

Eh... LCOTNW basically implied he had a finder result on someone who was under no danger today. Three players had votes at that point: Lany, Mina and Pebbles. It would be foolish to lynch anyone else until LCOTNW confirms his CI.

I swear, you guys always kill off al the girls first. :P

I have about 5 or 10 minutes. My last deal is still up in the air. Once I confirm receipt of the collateral, I will be out, likely for the rest of the day.

I think I could safely say that of Kat, Lany and LCOTNW too. I disagree, anyway. He was the first to attack Spider on day one and made a decent-ish case on you today.

His "case" on Spidey was based entirely on saying, "Be afraid, killers." After that, he wasted a lot of time going back and forth with Spidey on the theory behind addressing the killers. It doesn't say anything about his alignment. His case on me looked solely at my reaction to the night scene rather than my behaviour throughout the whole game--and he didn't change his mind when I pointed out that my "contradiction" wasn't a contradiction. I think that it's easy for a semi-competent FM to fake that kind of contribution.

I'll admit Kat and Pebble are more gut calls, and that objectively, I should find their behaviour suspicious. If LCOTNW isn't the finder, then I really don't know. He could be an FM or a "selfless" RI trying to look like one.

I'll have to reread Day Two to see if my impression that Sir Thursday has been coasting is accurate. I'll give him that his approach--looking for subconscious "clues" to information--is consistent.

So did Malc.

TBH, if Malc wasn't a proven vig, I'd be suspicious of him. True, though. Lots of people were quick to assume that Spidey was guilty.

Dunno, I've been trying to re-read her, but she just posts all over the board, so it's pretty difficult to do it with the new board functions. I think this is a good reason to stick to alted in the future. I find her suspicious, but then I always do. I mostly agree with your assessment, but would probably still lynch her over Pebbles.

I'd probably vote Lany to save my own skin. I'm just not convinced that she's guilty.

I would rather lynch Pebbles than Lany. I just don't think Lany has been acting as sly as I've seen her act in previous games, when she's been evil.

And yeah, I haven't had much time to make cases this game, unfortunately, so I'm acting a lot on gut feeling.

But I agree with Mentat on not lynching Thursday today for the same reason.

<hates maybe-finder claims with a burning passion>

It is day 3.

8 players remain: Kat, LCOTNW, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides, Sir Thursday, TheMalcolm.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

2 vote for Mina Martell (Sir Thursday, Pebble That Hides)

2 votes for Pebble That Hides (Mina Martell, Lany Cassandra)

1 vote for Lany Cassandra (TheMalcolm)

3 players have not voted: Kat, LCOTNW, Mentat.

My tutoring student canceled, so I'll try to flesh out why I prefer a Pebble lynch to Lany or Mina. I know I said I'd rather lynch someone who could be independently evil, but LC and his "I may be the finder" thing pretty much precludes lynching every suspect I have for an independent evil other than Lany, which is irritating because I find her the least suspicious of that group. That being said, the pool of people who could have been investigated if LC is evil is pretty small, and also obvious: it doesn't include me, because otherwise I wouldn't be ok to lynch according to LC. :worried:

LCOTNW, if you're NOT the finder, then you're forcing the healer to waste a heal on you if there is one out there. You'd be drawing it away from Malc.

Well, I don't want to be healed. One of the reasons why I've claimed was that I wanted to die before the finder... Even such finder who don't want to claim at the moment when we are in a bad need for him.

It is day 3.

8 players remain: Kat, LCOTNW, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides, Sir Thursday, TheMalcolm.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

2 votes for Lany Cassandra (TheMalcolm, Mentat)

2 votes for Mina Martell (Sir Thursday, Pebble That Hides)

2 votes for Pebble That Hides (Mina Martell, Lany Cassandra)

2 players have not voted: Kat, LCOTNW.

Fuck it. I'll vote for Lany, even though I don't really suspect her. I suspect Thursday a lot more, but it's way too late in the day for me to do anything about it, but I can totally see why Mal almost pushed a lynch mob on him.

My entire case on Pebble was already made by Lany earlier, and revolves around Pebble being the most likely candidate for Spider's evil partner, but as is probably 100% obvious, I'm unsure about whether Spider was evil and can't get it out of my head. I'll quit suspecting Mentat short of an evil result on him, because everything he says I agree with, and my suspicion of him is mostly driven by paranoia.

If the bad guys turn out to be Sir Thursday and LC, I don't even want to go into spoilers. But I'm continuing to stand by my original plan to lynch someone who could be evil independent of Spider, for principle's sake.

Lany. Sorry. You're not my #1 suspect, but I can't lynch my #1 suspect.

Hey! LCOTNW! I've got a question for you, oh wise Schrodinger's finder.

Why the hell would a finder trying to hold out for an extra investigation respond to someone saying he wasn't the finder like this:

Did I? :smoking:

Isn't there? :leer: I think this is a good idea. I'll be back in the morning with some answers on this.

You were perfectly safe before your response. I'd just ruled you out as a finder. But that post was practically BEGGING to be nightkilled.

You then refused to claim like this:

Mina and Mentat -

I'll say this:

1) If I were the finder and I had a guilty result on anyone (living or dead), I would have revealed ASAP after the day phase, and I would have taken steps to ensure that I was believed.

2) If I were the finder and I had two innocent results on living players (especially not including Malc) I would have absolutely revealed.

3) If I were the finder and I had an innocent result on Gert, and an innocent result on someone who was not in danger of being lynched today. I would not reveal and go for another investigation.

4) If I were a RI, I would probably have made a general request that the finder reveal today if they had something that could be helpful. I would definitely not badger any particular player to reveal, or speculate about who may or may not be roled. If someone started talking about who may, or may not be roled, I would probably drop them a hint that it was a bad idea.

Considering that your behaviour has been exactly the same as #3, but not as in #4, then if you're trying to look like an RI who doesn't want to reveal finder...then you've failed miserably.

A real finder who didn't want to blow his cover would have just kept his mouth shut. And a real finder who was going to let everyone think he was the finder, anyway, wouldn't have wasted our time with coy hints. He'd have given us the result of his one investigation just so we'd have the information we'd need in case he was killed tonight.

You know what I'm starting to think? That Piper was the finder, and you're taking advantage of people speculating over your role to save your own skin. Because if you're an RI, you haven't been playing like one.

LCOTNW

Reveal or die.

Thank you for saying what I wanted to say.

Do you think his partner might be Thursday? Because that's where I'm leaning. <_<

ETA: Note that the Gertrude kill makes perfect sense with LC as evil.

Archived