Crippled God by Erikson has a release date

Calibandar

A good interview here: http://the-void.co.uk/book/damn-contrarian-steven-erikson-conversation-094/

As for untied threads and cliffhangers, I recall with a smile how often my editor queried a section, asking whether we could cut it, only to have me reply, ‘well, that comes back in the seventh novel…’ Eventually, he just sat back and gave up on the notion of cutting scenes

[...]

The mere thought of, say, being buried alive, waking up in a coffin six feet under ground – and knowing that such things have indeed occurred – is enough to weaken my knees. Has that personal phobia affected my writing? Not consciously. The examples you give bring to mind the notion of imprisonment as a state of mind (Karsa); the restless past (the Forkrul Assail, Calm, and the T’lan Imass in TTH); and the injustice that can be committed upon innocent people (Trull). They’re all motifs of the human condition, I suppose. People can feel trapped in their lives (see above, metaphor made real).

Have any other canucks seen this anywhere? It was supposed to come out here in February, then got delayed till March 15th, and then that date was changed to March 7th. But my pre-ordered indigo copy isn't shipping and it doesn't seem like any stores in Montreal are carrying it. Anyone know what's up?

Archived